What's new

MEMENTO: LIMITED EDITION discussion thread (for menu-navigation and ALL other issues) (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
overall great dvd. disc-1 is not a problem to navigate. it makes total sense and is pretty creative. i like how the chapter selections are all that grainy black & white style. cool.
i can take or leave the menu programming in disc-2. it's pretty neat, but can easily become annoying.
these programmers have got to give the user the option of whether to "play or not play"!!! a simple menu prompt when the dvd first loads would suffice.
anyway, for such an awesome movie...i'll put up with it. i really wasn't that worried because i knew someone here would have it figured out anyway. :)
oh yeah...red paper clip for me.

Brian Cal

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone found yet how to access the three commentaries other than at random? It seems very strange that the only way to access them is by simply hoping they pop-up at random.

BTW, I've found that the commentaries are most different during the last chapter (chapter 16). There is a subtle hint referencing that something is going to be different in the chapter selection menu, where under chapter 16 you are only allowed a choice of:

B) Getting Married (???)

Also, the reason the chronological edit should not be allowed as a standard special feature is, yes, people (mostly J6P) will watch it before they have even seen the actual movie, thereby desecrating Nolan's vision far worse than a pan & scan version ever could. The Chronological version should be a way for fans who have seen the film multiple times to expand on the brilliance of the film, and by no means should be considered an "alternate version."

Anyway, it's not that hard to find, and searching for it makes it all the more rewarding when found.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a big fan of the menu. I feel like I'm back in school taking a final exam when I'm navigating through Disc 2! :thumbsdown:
I got the orange paper clip.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I can't wait until about 2 weeks from now... Then, hopefully, all of the features have been unlocked and I can make a nice little insert on how to access them all and put it in the DVD case. Then, when I want to watch it again some time, I won't have to go through all this crap all over again!

MatS

Screenwriter
not that disc one is very hard to navigate, but the easiest way to access the Nolan commentary is to just use your audio button on your remote to change the track.

Randy Torres

Stunt Coordinator
Can you imagine if you did not have internet access to a forum like this to have all these answers given to you for Memento LE ? Joe six pack must be having an aneurysm over this disc ;)

MatS

Screenwriter
JSP doesn't purchase anything of this quality. It's not mainstream enough for anyone to have told them to buy it.

Brian Cal

Stunt Coordinator
not that disc one is very hard to navigate, but the easiest way to access the Nolan commentary is to just use your audio button on your remote to change the track.
It's not that simple for the multiple commentary tracks over the last ten minutes.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I got a blue paper clip. I haven't tried out disc 1 yet, only disc 2. A bit frustrating at first, but not too tough.

AFAIK, there is no 3 disc set, the other set is a package deal that includes both Memento:LE and Dogma:SE.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
An addendum to my previous post:

I had a blue clip. Now one of my cats has it. To retrieve it, I'd probably have to visit the litterbox. *sigh*

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm sure there will be a variety of "package" deals, just as Pearl Harbor was recently released with various older movies. I found that the price was not much of an advantage over just buying both the discs separately. *edit - looks like there is a package that includes Mulholand Drive too?

Did anyone else have a tough time getting the sleeve off the movie case? I had to open the black edge and push mine out, and when I put it back in, it once again would not come out.

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Per Michael Streeter's post (above), I've modified my "rough guide" site to include a link to a Link Removed with a brief synopsis of the navigation system.
It's not pretty, but at least you can keep it with the DVD (whether you stick with the original packaging or move it over to a keepcase).
Again, criticism and corrections are welcomed.
doug

Joe_H

Screenwriter
ok thanks for the information about the commentary.. i redid it with my ra60 and it worked correctly

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks Doug! I'll be waiting with printing it out but this is definitely what I was looking for :)

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Okay, question for everyone. I looked at your list Doug (which is awesome by the way...thanks!) but I couldn't find my answer there or anywhere in this thread. Of course, I could just be blind. Anyway, I already had the original Memento, and now I have the new one too. Is everything on the original also on the new one, or are we not sure yet? I know its silly, but if I upgrade a disc I only get rid of the previous one if everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is included on the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks