What's new

Looking forward to the new Project Greenlight (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Looks like the new Project Greenlight will be starting soon. If you go to the website, you can download the scripts and demo movies.

An interesting thing they did was to give the final 4 director candidates a very generic script, and ask them all to shoot it. They had to follow it word for word, and could not add any words, and could only change 3 of the words.

The results are pretty damn cool. Check em out here.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I am really looking forward to the new season as well. I loved the first season, but never did see the movie... is it worthwhile?

I have already seen the new Project Greenlight film - The Battle of Shaker Heights, and really didn't care for it much at all. However, it will still be cool to see the show with the movie already in my head.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I never saw the show, but I did see the first Project Green Light film. In my opinion is was pretty blah -- nothing great and was more suited to be an Afternoon Special for the kiddies than a theatrical release. It was pretty clear that it was directed by a novice and it really dragged in places.

Deborah

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to the second season too, and I will probably try and rent "Stolen Summer" soon - still haven't seen it. :)

Are Ben Affleck and Chris Moore still behind this thing? They were very entertaining. :)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Yes, they are... Chris was at the screening I went to of the new film, so I assume he is still involved and I just read a thread started by Ben Affleck over at the PGL website about how they selected the winning director(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.