What's new

List of short-lived/canceled series on DVD ? (1 Viewer)

MikeAB

Grip
2 of my favorites that haven't been mentioned are the Clerks animated series (6 episodes) and the 2003 MTV Spider-man (13 episodes). I haven't heard anything about bringing back spider-man, but I would love to see it again after the next movie.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
I want THE EDGE the 92 short lived sketch show with Wayne Knight & Jennifer Aniston. I mean come on if they can release other short lived Fox shows like The Ben Stiller Show (another show I liked) & Greg The Bunny (never saw) they can release on of my favorites THE EDGE. If it comes I will certainly buy it.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'd also buy and purchase the following:

Now and Again
Timecop
Time Trax
The Flash

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Tenacious D only lasted 3 episodes (some would say six but each 30 minute episode was comprised of two mini-eps), all of which are on the "Complete Masterworks" DVD.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I said it before and I'll say it again...

I WANT MAX HEADROOM!

I'd also like to see Buffalo Bill. I think that was a season and a half.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Run Buddy Run
Double Life of Henry Phyfe
Hank
Pistols and Petticoats
Love on a Rooftop
The Good Guys
Second Hundred Years

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Well, for the heck of it, here are some older short-lived series I'd like to see released.

The Outsider (1968-69)
Trials of O'Brien (1965-66) w. Peter Falk
Many Happy Returns (1964-65)
Mr. Broadway (1964)
It's a Man's World (1962-63) odd hour-long comedy-drama
Lee Marvin's Lawbreakers (c. 1962)
Roy Rogers & Dale Evans (1962)- variety series
I'm Dickens, He's Fenster (1962-63)
87th Precinct (1961-62)
The Jim Backus Show (c. 1960)
Cannonball (c. 1958)
The Big Story (1957-58) synd. version

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Another short lived series that I don't think I've seen mentioned in this thread yet is Sports Night, although I suppose that did have a satisfactory conclusion.

Also put me down for Andy Rickter Controls the Universe, a very funny show.

I also would like Down the Shore that ran on Fox for 2 seasons.

I agree with those that have said that it is unfair for someone to say our lives in terms of TV viewing started 6 years ago. How can I mention older shows that I've never seen, because they didn't last long enough to hit sindication? Newer short lived shows are fresher in our minds, because of the fact that they're newer.
Plus, a lot of the people that were around when these shows did originally aired have forgotten about them because of the passage of time, and so even among older viewers who might buy a title, one must get them to remember the show first, not everyone is a hard core collector that would remember those shows from long ago, which hurts the ease with which they could generate sales.

Of course, we've been down this road before...

Michael_CPC

Agent
I'd love to see Andy Richter, as well as two UPN shows I remember liking a lot, Platinum and Shasta McNasty... and the time, I liked both, although have heard nothing good from anyone else.:frowning:

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Regarding Roy Rogers dvd ... Thanks for the tip, Tory! Didn't know about this. Nor did I ever know that Dale Evans had an unsold pilot show all to her own!

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
One series that came out that I am glad I snagged as quickly I as could when I saw it was Kindred the Embraced. For all that it was an Aaron Spelling production, it was actually quite a good show on vampires. It helped that I was a big fan of the Vampire RPG at the time.

It only lasted 6 episodes. What a pity :frowning:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Michael_CPC,

I'd put down money for "Bette," so I have no right to criticize you for Shasta McNasty. :D

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
How about "Mary" (13 episodes), or New York News (also 13, but 5 unaired). Fat chance, as we know that nobody buys MTM on DVD!

"Foley Square" is a series that I that enjoyed watching when it was shown on the BBC - I'm surprised to find out that there were only 14 episodes.

Rita Rudner did a sketch show for the BBC in 1990, of which there are only 6 episodes, which I'd like to have on DVD.

Edit: this should probably have been posted to the other thread (obscure TV product). Sorry.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Lynda-Marie, Kindred lasted for 8 episodes.

Shows I would love see it make it to DVD:
Jake 2.0 (4 unaired episodes)
C-16 (lasted fro 13 episodes, starred Eric Roberts, Angie Harmon, and D.B. Sweeny)
Michael Hayes (22 episodes, Columbia could cash in on Caruso's fame on CSI Miami)
EZ Streets (9 eppisodes)
Freakylinks
The Others (13 episodes)
Sleepwalkers (9 episodes- many people never saw 7 of the episodes while almost all (in North America because I have no clue if any Canadian station ever aired the last 2 episodes) never seen the last 2).

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I Married Dora (I think late '80's or early '90's)
Double Trouble (one or two seasons in the '80's)
THROB (another '80's series)

Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks