What's new

Lets see everyone's cars and other TOYS (2 Viewers)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
The problem with retro cars is they don't tend to sell well long term. Look at what happened to the Last itteration of the Ford Thunderbird.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
A picture of my car (with me in it) taken at Mid-Ohio a while ago...the border is funny because it's a photo taken from the opening page of my web site. Anyone want to race? Hehehe.

And one other toy of interest. It weighs 70 lbs. I built it and flew it to 13,000 ft. I'll bet you didn't know the government lets us play with things like this.

I'm also a huge cyclist, but we've all seen pictures of bikes before.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
RonC/ChrisMoe:
Oh my goodness, SWEET Miatas... The Miata has always been one of my favourite cars, and still is. I dont care what anybody says, its not a chick car :D. That thing must handle awesomely on the twisties...

Jared:
So, what do you do for a living? So I know what classes to take in the future to get your job :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
hey those look cool up close! I wish u could buy a mini-me type driver to give ur car more personality. :)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

Seth, I don't think it's an issue about that car being "retro". The problem with the new Thunderbird is that it's vastly underpowered for a car it's weight/size, and it's also way over-priced. Two major things that will kill any line of cars, I would think. (This isn't just my opinion... read it on many enthusiast sites.)

Personally, I *love* the new T-bird. But they cost too much.

Michael, that's one hell of a rocket!!!

E

Eric Kahn

Michael, were you at the LDRS that Discovery/TLC had the specials on a couple of weeks ago?

I never got past the Estes model rocket stage, my 90cc dirt bike was more fun then and we kept losing the rockets in the trees around the housing area at Pope AFB, we launched then from the back yard:D

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'm absolutely drooling over the new C6 Corvette. :D What an awesome car! Unfortunately I don't think that I'll be able to get one any time soon but possibly next year. They'll be in short supply the first year anyway and I'll give them a year to get rid of the "bugs".

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator

That's funny...when I was young and played with the estes rockets, I too lost interest in them to my dirt bike. I went on to race motocross for about 5 years before I started racing cars. It wasn't until many years later that I started playing with the bigger rockets.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator

Yes. The FAA comes into play when a certain weight or propellant mass is used. This rocket was about 70 lbs, with 22 lbs or so being propellant. A waiver is granted from the FAA up to a certain altitude for a given flying space. But from my understanding, pilots are still allowed to fly in the airspace, but they "informed" of the rocket activities. The ATF is also involved due to the propellant mass.

I don't really fly them too much anymore...I'm focusing on the racing stuff again.

Jens - I really like the interior on the Alfa.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks