What's new

Law & Order LA Season 1 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
As much as I love the original Law & Order, Law & Order LA, which premiered last night, had a TERRIBLE pilot. If this is the direction this show is going to take, I'm wondering how long this thing can last. Probably a while since cable is already chomping at syndication, but this is the worst L&O in the franchise, and it's not close. I'd put it several rungs below L&O: Trial By Jury.. and it's not even in the same ballpark as L&O: UK.

Argh. They cancelled the original for this?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think the first problem was the case being too Hollywood. We already get enough of that in the news so why see a fictionalization? Hopefully it will move beyond the obvious "headlines."

The silliest moments were when the prosecutors didn't know certain facts and they weren't even phased by the surprise. I think any of the other shows would have had a moment where they chastised the guy for not telling them in the first place.

I did find it interesting what a venue change to sunny California did for the look of the show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This now officially enters my recordbooks as one of the worst shows ever based on a successful franchise. Law & Order: Trial by Jury was infinitely better then this. Criminal Intent is masterpiece theater in comparison. And while I scoff at SVU for being too over the top lately, L&O:LA is just, well, awful.

Bring back the mothership

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks