Law & Order LA Season 1

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mattCR, Sep 30, 2010.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    As much as I love the original Law & Order, Law & Order LA, which premiered last night, had a TERRIBLE pilot. If this is the direction this show is going to take, I'm wondering how long this thing can last. Probably a while since cable is already chomping at syndication, but this is the worst L&O in the franchise, and it's not close. I'd put it several rungs below L&O: Trial By Jury.. and it's not even in the same ballpark as L&O: UK.

Argh. They cancelled the original for this?

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I think the first problem was the case being too Hollywood. We already get enough of that in the news so why see a fictionalization? Hopefully it will move beyond the obvious "headlines."

The silliest moments were when the prosecutors didn't know certain facts and they weren't even phased by the surprise. I think any of the other shows would have had a moment where they chastised the guy for not telling them in the first place.

I did find it interesting what a venue change to sunny California did for the look of the show.

3. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    This now officially enters my recordbooks as one of the worst shows ever based on a successful franchise. Law & Order: Trial by Jury was infinitely better then this. Criminal Intent is masterpiece theater in comparison. And while I scoff at SVU for being too over the top lately, L&O:LA is just, well, awful.

Bring back the mothership