What's new

Is this a good deal for a wii bundle? (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
A Wii package with sensor bar, Wii mote, Wii Sports, stand and AV cable cost $250. The nunchuk can be had for $30.00 so that would be about $280. The 3 games would be around $40 to $50 each so I guess by these calculations, it would be a good enough deal. Now it would all depend if u like those bundled games.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
actually 1 nunchuk comes with the system (they are $19.99 at Amazon), so that means you're paying $120 for the games - which unless they are awesome and exactly the ones you wanted, it sounds like an OK deal at best. Look at half.com or other sites to see what the games might actually be worth used.

Unless you're really married to the bundle idea, sign up for wiialerts and you should be able to get a system in a couple weeks online for the $249 list price, probably tax free.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The Costco bundle is a decent deal -- the system, Wii Play w/Wiimote, an extra nunchuk, and Super Mario Galaxy for $350. Lately they seem to be in stock in the local store about once a month or so.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I think this is a luke-warm warm deal at best, and it really boils down to how desperately you want a Wii. Myself, I'd wait and hit a Target or Toys-R-Us some Sunday morning when they receive a shipment. The Wii bundle is $250. Mario Kart is $50. Nights and Spyro are both $30 games (sometimes less) and both games are mediocre, IMO. You are paying a $30 to $40 premium for three games (two of dubious quality) and only one will play for any length of time - - Mario Kart (a great game!) If Wii Play was one of the bundled games, you'd at least get an extra Wii-mote, which is something you will want anyway.

schalkt

Agent
Real Name
Tim
I totally agree with pitchman...you're paying a premium for a couple of games that you probably don't really want. Most of these Wii bundles aren't created to give you a deal - they're created to throw in as many crappy games as they can get you to buy. The Costco bundle is an exception - you're likely going to want Wii Play for the extra remote anyway, and Mario Galaxy is a good game, so you're getting good stuff for the money.

I really believe the Wii systems aren't as hard to find as everyone makes it sound. They are tough to find online, but if you check out your local Target, Toys-R-Us, or Walmart you'll probably find one. I got mine at Walmart on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago - they had 5 more in stock too.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wii consoles were extremely difficult to find until about a month ago. Since then, I've seen them in every local store that carries them. Everyone gets a shipment or two and they last in stock for a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks