What's new

Is CBS Paramount Going To Continue With Accelerated TV Show Releases? (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I wonder about some of the stalled series like One Step Beyond , Sgt Bilko, Love American Style , Beverley Hillbillies, and Have Gun Will Travel.

Bobbo

Grip
Real Name
Robert
Agreed! New to the forum, but have been reading it for about two years and enjoy all the information regarding tv series on DVD (and it's nice to know that there are others who share the same passion for our televison heritage). I also hope that the next season of "One Step Beyond" gets out of the vaults sometime this year...

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Bobbo said:
Agreed! New to the forum, but have been reading it for about two years and enjoy all the information regarding tv series on DVD (and it's nice to know that there are others who share the same passion for our televison heritage). I also hope that the next season of "One Step Beyond" gets out of the vaults sometime this year...
o085u.jpg
to the forum
33p3o5u.jpg

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
How about, in one big dump, the entire series of THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES or PETTICOAT JUNCTION?
The have to remember that these shows fanbase are not getting any younger and as with what is happening with DOBIE GILLIS, these shows will become empty, worthless corporate assets (well, worthless compared to what they should have made off them 10 years ago when box sets were the rage)

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Brian McP said:
How about, in one big dump, the entire series of THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES or PETTICOAT JUNCTION?
The have to remember that these shows fanbase are not getting any younger and as with what is happening with DOBIE GILLIS, these shows will become empty, worthless corporate assets (well, worthless compared to what they should have made off them 10 years ago when box sets were the rage)
Add Green Acres as a total dump and I'm in. Box sets DO still sell, just have to be priced right. It is a shame that so little really got out before the recession hit. No telling where we'd be now.
My big problem is, quite honestly, so many shows for the 50s through the 70s that I know zero about. Just never saw them in syndication or never heard of them. I spend some evenings flipping through Wikipedia articles trying to learn about these shows and it just does not carry the same weight as getting to see them. So, with all respect, grateful to the old timers for carrying the torch for them so us young folk can eventually figure it out.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Jack P said:
"Green Acres" is not a CBS/Paramount show.
Green Acres is a Filmways presentation, dahling.
The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, and Green Acres are all Filmway productions, but CBS somehow got the rights instead of MGM/FOX.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
darkrock17 said:
The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, and Green Acres are all Filmway productions, but CBS somehow got the rights instead of MGM/FOX.
i27fb4.jpg
Who can forget Eva Gabor's voice at the end of Green Acres?

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I'm hoping they accelerate the release schedule for Perry Mason and we have the ninth and final season released by the end of 2013 (or even early 2014).
Darby

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
Gary "the decision to go to '.com' only releases looks, early on, to have helped accelerate some series" O.
What exact decision are you talking about? My recollection is that at least some of the Paramount releases seem to be showing up at Walmart (Perry Mason, Gunsmoke).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes /t/321091/is-cbs-paramount-going-to-continue-with-accelerated-tv-show-releases/30#post_3932205
What exact decision are you talking about? My recollection is that at least some of the Paramount releases seem to be showing up at Walmart (Perry Mason, Gunsmoke).

I'm speaking of a decision my crystal ball revealed to me, and one that has yet to affect Perry Mason or Gunsmoke. What's shown up at Walmart has nothing to do with what I'm speaking of.

Gary "and who mentioned Gunsmoke specifically? Not me" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
darkrock17 said:
Yes, they have them for the first two but not "Green Acres" which was released by MGM/FOX when Seasons 1-3 were released. The complaints for that stalled title have to go there, not CBS/Paramount.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Jack P said:
Yes, they have them for the first two but not "Green Acres" which was released by MGM/FOX when Seasons 1-3 were released. The complaints for that stalled title have to go there, not CBS/Paramount.
I meant to say that all three shows are Filmway series, but only Hillbillies and Junction are owned by Paramount. I've never understood why Beverly and Petticoat aren't owned by MGM as well.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I believe the difference is that Paul Henning owned a majority stake in Hillbillies and Petticoat, and then he or his estate made a deal with Viacom. Green Acres was not primarily owned by Henning (though I am sure he had a piece of it), so it went to MGM with the Filmways library.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I'm still surprised there is no new info on further Petticoat or Hillbillies releases, especially when you consider that all of the B/W episodes from both shows have been released by CBS/Paramount. So, for both shows the next release should be the shows from 1965-66, the first color season for each show. So where are the DVDs?

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I just hope the wait time between further seasons of Touched By An Angel will be shorter now. Also wanting Early Edition Season 3 and Barnaby Jones Season 2

I would like it if they got a move on with barnaby jones,cannon ,peticoat junction and my three sons

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, with Untouchables now finishing and the last 2 Michael Douglas seasons of Streets (I don't really care that much about season 5), my most wanted CBS continuations would be One Step Beyond, Love American Style, Mod Squad and Have Gun Will Travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks