1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Image shifting/reducing question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Brett Hellard, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Brett Hellard

Brett Hellard New Member

I've been out of the projection industry for a few years so excuse me if this is a simplistic question.

I am creating a rear projection video conferencing system where I am blowing the sides of a 16:9 image off screen. No problem there, but I want to be able to use the system for watching a dvd on a separate projector input but having the image shrunk down to fit the screen (creating letterbox on top and bottom).

The NEC projectors I used to use had the cornerstone function, but I'm not using an NEC projector and the one I'm using doesn't have this feature.

Is there a product that goes between the dvd player and the projector where I can scale the image down to fit my screen? Projector will be in a fixed location with a short throw lens and not adjustable.

Thanks for anyone who understands what I'm talking about and can help!

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Well-Known Member

your least-expensive route might be to use a PC as a playback device. External scalers to do that would probably be a couple thousand bucks..

Leo