What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Call Of Cthulhu (1 Viewer)

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
(You do realize that mention of Redmeadow 2: The Revenge on the HTF is one of the signs of the Apocalypse, don't you?)
I wasn't aware that was the full title. One of the rare instances where the sequel exceeds its predecessor in every way. I always thought there were definite echoes of the ill-fated production of Showdown at the Trinity Chapel in that one...but I digress. :D

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Nice review; I liked this a lot, although they weren't always scrupulously faithful to Silent style acting. The extras make it clear that the result is an amazing piece of filmmaking on a shoestring; the budget appears to be something in the neighborhood of $1.50 but they've really pulled off something special here.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wow, I left Sam hanging for almost 7 years! Sorry, dude. To be honest, I think this is the only true Lovecraft adaptation I've seen. In the Mouth of Madness was more of an "inspired by." Hm, was Re-Animator a true adaptation? I haven't seen it in many years, though. Aside from the other film made by the HPLHS, I've never heard much of anything good about any Lovecraft adaptation.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Wow that IS neat to find that reply after 7 years! BTW you can watch this film free on Netflix streaming! http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Call_of_Cthulhu/70067488?locale=en-US

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks