What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "Lord Of The Rings Extended Edition" (with screenshots) (2 Viewers)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Yea Ron,I must say your reviews are pretty honest and down to earth.I rather enjoy them,heck sometimes I read your reviews for movies I dont even intend to buy! :D Which is why I was so surprised to see you get slammed at that "Other" forum. Very disapointing to see they would personaly attack you like that.I belive our good friend Ron P saw it as well and came to your defense.Those guys over there can be such jerks sometimes.Which is why I rarely go there anyway ;) Long live Ron's reviews!!!
Luis S

Matthias_P

Auditioning
Great review, Ron.

Is it possible to get some package shots (front, inside, disc etc.) or does the set looks like the wellknown cover-art shots?

THX
Matthias_P from germany

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
why I was so surprised to see you get slammed at that "Other" forum
All those people on the "other" forum are
bitter individuals that were thrown off this
board for disciplinary reasons.

Please do not think for a second that I take any
of their axe grinding complaints to heart.

As for the questions you guys are asking...

I'll try to take a look at the disc again. The
problem I have right now is that I am already
involved in my next two reviews, one of which
includes Spider-Man. It's hard to find
the time to go back to prior projects when you
are pumping out 8 reviews a week.

I will try to take a look.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Excellent review, Ron, don't be modest, it's getting old :)
I'll take passionate writing over any critical, analytical review approach.
I think Ron's reviews are now some of the best on the internet.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Face it Ron, you're the OWNER of the largest and most respected movie/DVD forum on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple years a quote from Epstein on a cover box will be just as common as Travers, Shalit, or Ebert!
Great review, keep up the good work
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Martyn S

Auditioning
Just read the review and thought it was excellent, the best one that I have read so far and it leaves me wishing that this superb set was in my hands right now. This sounds like it is going to be the best DVD of the year so far if not ever and not even AOTC is going to knock it off it's perch. We are really being spoiled for DVD's at the moment as it seems that 2002 has been the year where all the big releases have happened.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Doubt it. To my knowledge, Narsil doesn't play a further role in this movie.

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Very disapointing to see they would personaly attack you like that. I belive our good friend Ron P saw it as well and came to your defense. Those guys over there can be such jerks sometimes.
Luis,

As owner of "that other forum" I would like to point out that calling people "jerks" reflects poorly on anyone doing it...even if it thought to be recriprical. I have expressed my displeasure in the comments made there, and I would like to express my displeasure with your sweeping generalization as well.

Brian W,

Sorry you dont know we exist. Your loss.

Mike

Brenton

Screenwriter
Hey, Ron, when are you expecting to be finished with your Spider-Man review? I can't wait to see it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Should be up Tuesday.

I actually owe Fox an "Ice Age" review first
since I have been postponing it since early
next week.

I am sort of working on both reviews at the
same time, but "Ice Age" will go up first.

Clint B

Second Unit
Looks like you guys are gonna be somewhat disappointed in the Extended Edition packaging. It's gonna be a snap-case! (For FOUR discs no less!)
Oh, no! I've got mine on pre-order from Deep Discount (never used 'em before and I wanted to see how they were). I guess I should cancel it, then, but is it too late to do so? Please help!

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Oh, no! I've got mine on pre-order from Deep Discount (never used 'em before and I wanted to see how they were). I guess I should cancel it, then, but is it too late to do so? Please help!
I'm assuming you're serious here. He was just joking when he said it was a snapcase, he was making fun of the listing on Deep Discount because it had it listed as being a snapcase, when in reality it is not. It comes in a custom case I believe. So don't cancel.

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
Todd, Ron stated earlier that he just didn't have enough room for the "Highly Recommended" moniker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks