What's new

How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
As we were watching and Ted uttered the words "and that's how I met your mother", the GF jumped up and started yelping and such...

and totally missed the "psych". :)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Hated the "mother" fakeout. "Psych!" just felt like a total raised middle finger from the producers and writers to the audience that has been loyal these last six years.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by Rob Willey

Hated the "mother" fakeout. "Psych!" just felt like a total raised middle finger from the producers and writers to the audience that has been loyal these last six years.

Tom-AY-to, tom-AH-to. You took it as the producers flipping us the bird, I took it as them giving us a wink - an inside joke between them and us. I think most fans of the show expect the mother to be identified much closer to the end of the series - even if she might be seen sooner. So the whole series is basically a stall, like Voyager or The Fugitive - the show ends when the initial premise is resovled. The producers know this, so every so often they give us a nudge to let us know they know. They are playing with the conventions of TV and our own expectations. It is a subtler version of Dave Addison telling Maddie that he figured out a plot piont during the commercial break. I got a chuckle out of it.

Regards,

Joe

awesome6

Auditioning
Real Name
awesome smith
The best seasons were the 1st and the third one. Rest all were useless to watch. The Drama series is annoying these days with the same type of humor and dram being displayed. It needs to be a bit unique as done with Friends.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
this was my last season as a regular viewer. from now on it's dvd rental. i gave it a last chance hoping this show would get better, but it didn't. i used to care who the mother was going to be, but i eventually accepted that the show wasn't ever going to tell us until the last few episodes, and who knows when that will be. still, it wouldn't have mattered if the show was still good, which it really isn't IMO. too many recycled themes (yes! you're not 20something anymore, GET OVER IT). the invent-a-character-trait thing gets tired after a while. these characters are actually really whiny. maybe if i'd come into this show halfway, the middle would still be as fresh as the early episodes. maybe, but whatever. i look forward to renting the "new" episodes someday.

and that's how i'll meet the mother on How I Met Your Mother :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks