What's new

How I Met Your Mother season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched season one, and my wife pointed out something to me that I'll ask those of you with a more critical eye.

Do they ever say that "Older Ted" is the father of those kids? What if he is "Uncle Ted" telling a long ass story of how he met their mother, who might be Robin's sister ("Aunt Robin"). Have the kids ever referred to him as "Dad"?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure they've referred to him as their Dad. Not 100% on that though. And fortunately they seem to have been using them less and less (have they even been used in the last several episodes?).

As for the "aunt" thing. Keep in mind that "Aunt Robin" doesn't tell us anything about a familial relationship between Robin and the kids. Ted is one of those people who refers to all of his friends as an "aunt" or an "uncle" when speaking about them to his kids. Not a practice I like, but some people seem to do that for some annoying reason.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
To be fair to Ted, Lilly was a big Grinch. She deserved to hear it. She was very selfish with the whole going to Ca thing.

I hate to say that because I am in love with Alyson H. :)

It was funny that she actually called his mother. LOL

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I don't generally get a chance to watch this show, but happened to be home to watch it this week. Funny stuff.

"Actually, that time I did say Grinch."

"We're going to give the presents to charity,"
"Alright!"
"Not you Charity..."

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Also, "The Mayor" from Buffy S3 was in it! And the Buff/Angel alums just keep coming! Who's next? Gunn? Tara? Giles?

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Woot! the show is back. Last nights episode was pretty funny. Loved the Barney and Lilly stuff.

She gave him the "Ken Doll" look in the painting. LOL

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
No comments on last nights ep yet? One of the things I love about this show is that it mixes the ups and downs of relationships with good ol' fasioned high jinks and silliness, the gang trying to avoid the score for the superbowl (except for Barney) was a great concept because it's something that we all have tried to do from time to time when we miss a game and have it recorded lol.

Robin looked scrumptious in her news outfit. :)

BTW, this is an obscure referrance unless your a horror fan, but did anyone notice that the kid who was giving Marshall a hard time bore a striking resemblence to Asia Argento?...

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
good lord, he did!
I actually thought it was a little girl until Marshall started calling him "dude"

Yep, one of my fave shows. LOVED the isloator 5000 or whatever it was called.

:)

and MAN, I miss NYC every time we watch. Yes it's obvious that the exteriors with the cast are a set but the show does nail a NYC vibe IMHO.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised no one has posted anything about Marshall using one of his slaps on Barney. (Or anything about the episode for that matter).

So glad they're using them.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I happened to be watching with some people that don't follow the show, and taken out of context, the slap sure seems uncalled for :) I had to explain it. But if you follow the show, it is funny, and NPH did a good spin-fall follow-through.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
At another message board someone told me that someone at CBS doesn't like this show and wants to cancel it. Since this and The Class represent 2/3 of what I watch on CBS, I could be down to just The Price Is Right as far as CBS shows I watch go by the end of the year.

Then again, Bob Barker's retiring so I'll likely drop that show, too.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

????? Network television is a multi-billion business, not high school. Shows get cancelled for business reasons like poor ratings, excessive cost or failure to retain the audience bequeathed them by a lead-in. They don't get cancelled because "someone at CBS doesn't like" them. (If a show is on the bubble ratings-wise there is a chance that a top exec's personal feelings might enter into it, or if there are two such shows and the network can only keep one of them. Otherwise the president of the network can think a show is biggest steaming pile in the history of the medium and it is going to stay on the air as long as it makes economic sense to keep it - quite apart from anything else I don't think there are any networks where a single individual can cancel a show on his/her own. These decisions tend to be made by committee - which explains the quality of much of TV :))

Regards,

Joe

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I love this show and I hope it comes back next year, but I thought, worse comes to worse, the season finale makes a good bookend to the first episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks