What's new

How I Met Your Mother season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think it was good that they only had the relationship last a year. It gave people what they wanted without belaboring things and maybe helped convince them that there's someone better suited for Ted. Speaking for myself, I'm ready for him to move on.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just hope that Robin stays around. We need her around to look at. :)

Of course, that is assuming there is another season.

Maybe Colbie wanted to leave the show to play Wonder Woman.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Back when Joss W. was going to do the movie, he stated he wanted an "unknown" to play the lead. Now that he is gone from the project, don't know what they will do. I am just trying to mention her enough to help keep her name in the rumors list. LOL

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it does nicely wrap things up. It is such a great show that I really hope CBS keeps it going.

Neil

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I have to disagree with that, the show is called How I Met Your Mother and we haven't even seen her yet, as it stands the show is How I Met and Broke Up with Robin.

Nothing is resolved thus last night's episode was not a satisfying conclusion for me, it needs to come back.

Plus, we need to hear Barney say "...dary!" :D

My best friend would kill me if she heard me say this, but Lily and Marshall make me feel ill sometimes lol.

Cobie as WW would rock, who cares that she isn't a big enough star? I also agree, she is THE sexiest woman on television.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I know there have been posts on this forum since last year mentioning her as WW but I just don't see it. Yes she is good looking but she simply does not have the build to play the part.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i agree that Cobie is one of the prettiest women on tv, and the reason why i initially started watching HIMYM. but i also don't see her as WW either, even if it was a comedy in the Charlie's Angels vein.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
For what it is worth, both Cobie and Lynda Carter are listed as being 5'9" (on IMDB). I think Cobie would easily be able to look exactly like the original one with the right costume and a little time in the gym.

But, in the long run I guess it doesnt matter since Joss is no longer making the decision.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
WOW. i've been watching HIMYM on and off for the last couple of months and it was okay-funny, and a few episodes had some moments, but a rerun of the slap-bet on and the show became one of my favourites. i just recently got the S1 DVD and it is hilarious. i watched like 2 episodes last year while surfing but i never caught on to it (i guess i just took it as a Friends clone). but once you get to know the characters, it is a treat. so glad it's getting a third season.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I really dig this show now. I skipped season 1, caught a few eps last summer in reruns, and watched all of season 2 this year, but I just couldn't get my wife into it.

I rented the entire season 1 DVD set (BTW, are there two versions of the show? I could have sworn the season 1 eps were in HD and 16:9, but the DVD's I have are all 4:3). My wife caught a few eps here and there, and by the time I got halfway through the season, she watched the rest of the marathon with me. So she's on-board for season 3. Looking forward to it!

The only bad thing about the show is that end up humming the theme song in my head incessantly.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
No, that's just a stupid decision by the people who make the DVDs. :angry: They don't want to piss off any of the fullscreen people.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
what's great about this series is the show is so well written and the characters are so full right from the start. usually with sitcoms when you go back and watch the first few, things aren't gelling yet and the actors are still trying to find the characters. but when i went back to watch them for the first time, i found the first 4 or 5 episodes to be the some of the best of the series yet.

hey i was just thinking about the whole kids/dad thing. Robin and Ted realize they aren't right and stay friends. she travels to all the countries Ted lists in the S2 finale. he meets another girl, gets married and has kids. they grow up, Ted and Mrs. Moseby grow apart and Robin re-enters the picture. she's done travelling and is ready to settle down. she doesn't want to have kids but Ted doesn't want more either. she's fine with being a step-mom-slash-aunt. plausible?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks