What's new

Home Theater Forum Polo shirts question (1 Viewer)

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
I remember that this forum once arranged with a manufacturer to produce yellow polo shirts with the Home Theater Forum logo.
Are these shirts still available?
I would sure like to wear one and announce to the world my Home Theater Forum membership. :)
Carlos

Jin E

Second Unit
If there aren't any more left, maybe it's time to do another group buy of shirts. I would add this in the suggestion box.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Everybody asked for shirts.

A year ago we arranged to sell shirts, hats

and jackets through a dealer that invested money

in this forum, and did a terrific job producing

some great product.

Problem is, nobody bought a thing.

Out of 18,000 members there were perhaps 80 orders.

We finally pulled the plug on the entire thing

and learned our lesson.

I'm sorry, but unless there is a HUGE GAURANTEED

interest in HTF apparel, we are not going to offer

it again.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Count me in. I'd be happy to officially put down a "pre-order." That would be the best method. If enough people pre-order with a credit card, you have no worries.
Coincidentally, a good friend of mine runs a printing company,Holy Shirt , and he might cut me a deal.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
A year ago we arranged to sell shirts, hats
and jackets through a dealer that invested money
in this forum, and did a terrific job producing
some great product.
Darn! How did I miss that? :confused:
I would have bought a shirt. I still would if they were ever offered again.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Hell, I'd buy a shirt. Could we get them in black or white?

I would be more than willing to put down money for a pre-order!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Heh, I have two of the shirts, maybe I should trying selling one of them. :)
Or better yet, raffle it off or go the auction route:
Rare HTF polo shirt (Large), slightly worn/been washed, gut too big for shirt now. :)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
If anyone is interested I still have 4 HTF mousepads and 8 coffee mugs left. I will sell one pad and one mug for $20, that includes shipping (US only... international I will get an exact shipping price). Or one of each for $12. Email me if interested.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
The cool thing about the HTF gear is that the guy who was representing the company selling the shirts was very nice and accomadating. I wanted a black mock turtle neck with the HTF logo embroidered on it and they did not offer one on the site. The guy (I forget his name) saw my request in a thread, e-mailed me and said they could print one up just for me. I happily accepted and now I have my "one of a kind" HTF mock turtle neck. I got a Polo and T-Shirt as well.

I usually wear them when I have movie nights with friends.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The people who did the work for us really went out of the way to do a great job. There was an amazing variety of hats, jackets, shirts, and other items, with the logo, small and large (on the back of the jackets), very professionally manufactured. I got a sweatshirt and a cap, both are really cool. I'm ashamed at how few orders we had, the people who helped us out on this, really went out of their way for us, got screwed. They saw the threads like this one with people saying they wanted hats and shirts, they saw our membership numbers, they worked through Parker & Ron, and had high hopes for the operation. There was a complete e-commerce site where you could order by credit card, the exact combination of item type, color, etc. that you wanted (and there was a VERY large variety). There were links all over the HTF, at the top of the forum pages, at the top of every page, you name it. There were posts in After Hours where people talked about how great the stuff was.
Still, 80 orders total after about 8 months. Parker and Ron finally pulled the plug.
Frank's logo mouse pads and coffee mugs are cool, I have one of each. I recommend if you're interested in them that you email him.
I don't expect anything like this to ever be available again and I'm very tempted to close this thread. Even talking about it is like rubbing salt into old wounds for those of us on the staff who thought that this was going to be a cool way to accomodate what our members were clamoring for. It ended up being nothgin but a black eye.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
The people who did the work for us really went out of the way to do a great job. There was an amazing variety of hats, jackets, shirts, and other items, with the logo, small and large (on the back of the jackets), very professionally manufactured. I got a sweatshirt and a cap, both are really cool. I'm ashamed at how few orders we had, the people who helped us out on this, really went out of their way, got screwed.
Just rub salt in my wounds! :D
I really do feel bad for missing all of the links for those items.

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the responses guys. I think the problem may be endemic to E-commerce in general and not lack of interest. So many E-commerce merchants have gone under.
Placing an icon at the top of the page just doesn't grab your attention like a television commercial does.
Maybe that's the solution. A Home Theater Forum Infomercial or something. :)
The hell with those Carlton Sheets late night informercial about how to buy real estate with no money down.:angry:
If no infommercial maybe a Home Theater Shopping Network.:)
Anyway. Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't get any responses to my question for 2 days. I was beginning to think I had imagined it all 2 years ago.
Carlos

I still have my Home Theater Forum that I purchased, and I was very happy with its quality.
I still wear it often, especially when I got electronics or video shopping.
I consider it my "Don't talk to me about home theater like I am an idiot" shirt. :D
Im sorry sales did not go better, but again I am glad I have mine.
Scott

Whoops! :b Yeah I meant Shirt. I am sure Ron was suprised to see that I purchase the Home Theater Forum too.
Infact I have my shirt on today! :D
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks