What's new

Home Theater Forum National Meet 2004 (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The Farmer's Market is just three blocks from where I live. Not a fan of the Hard Rock Cafe in the Beverly Center (or anywhere, really). The best delis in town are Canter's on Fairfax and Greenblatt's on Sunset.

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Farmers Hard Rock Market....Whatever! Allow me to suggest In 'n Out Burger for every meal. :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Matt, no need to suggest. We previous attendees are very familiar with the charms of In'N'Out.

However, every meal is a bit much I think... ;)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I would encourage anyone who has never attended a national meet to do so. I found the post where people discussed their experiences from the last trip. It's worth a read if you are thinking about going.

I could do every lunch at In and Out. RAF and his "protein style" would lead the way. Breakfast would be at Jamba Juice. Both are less than 3 minutes from the hotel....

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
JohnS, were you at the 2000 meet and I just forgot, or did more than one meet get crappy treatment from the Hard Rock?

I agree that being at Universal Citywalk makes for a cool evening overall. The studio stuff is great and I would love to do that again, but it was also a lot of fun going to films with people and chatting at the dinners/breakfasts/etc.

In 2000 Sarah and I passed over the chance to come back to Hollywood at about 2 am to be in a film, didn't exactly sound safe to me. Turns out it was Rat Race which at the time I wasn't aware of. Most likely it was the final scene in the film and they were getting the crowd together for the nighttime concert footage.

It might be fun to troll around by Mann's looking for extras offers this time to except following up on it. Then we could get the HTF into a film for all-time, not just on the Price is Right. :)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hi Ron!

One quick question before I put my name in the for lottery drawing.

Are fiancees considered spouses? Meaning, can mine go along with me? (Should I be selected)

No big deal (if it's a NO GO), just wanted to clear this up before I register. She already knows I'm going to try and go with or without her :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Seth, I was at the 2001 meet (as was John S) and I can tell you we did indeed get screwed by the Hard Rock. So if it happened to you guys at the 2000 meet they are a multiple offender.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
To this day it amazes me how dazzled by In-N-Out Burger nonresidents are! Why does everybody like the joint so much?

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Hard to say what it was, exactly, for me. But I can say it wasn't just the burgers. Those FRIES were equally amazing. Taking nothing away from the burgers and fries, either...I have to mention the Milkshakes.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Now I'll be honest and say that A&W(KFC) also makes some great fast food burgers(imho), but much like Tastykakes and Yuengling in the great Northeast USA, there are some things you can only get in some places. In n Out's seems the same way to me.

Oh. They have cool swag, too. :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hard to put my finger on it, Jack. I really can't say they're the absolute best fast-food burgers around, but they're up there (I think Texas-based Whataburger is right there as well). I do think the food is very fresh-tasting .

But I believe the "mystique" has a lot to do with it as well. There's very few truly regional experiences any more - things you can get in only one part of the country. In-N-Out feels like part of the California experience to me. Also, there's the not-so-secret "secret" menu. It's fun to order your burger "Animal style" or "Protein style". :)

Finally, The Big Lebowski may have something to do with it too. ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
By the way....

I'll be sending out the ATTENDEE list in a day or so.

Anyone that registered for the meet and has agreed
to stay at the Beverly Garland has already been selected
to go.

I'll be going through the LOCAL attendee list next.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Does that mean that there were enough spots for everyone who registered to stay at the BG, or that you already made the selections amongst those people?

Just out of curiosity, if not everyone was selected, how many are on the wait list?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Seth,

Craig is right.
I attended the 2001 HTF meet(the one shortly after 9/11).
We just had a hard time, getting in to our RESERVED SECTION, and at the time we were suppose to be there, we were actually told to wait around.
and some of the employees DIDN'T even know who we were.

The Meet was SO much fun, and well worth.
Especially needed it after such a depressing time in America.
Definatly a great experience

I'm going to add one more thing, and others from the past one will agree to this.
Make sure you bring PLENTY of money for Dreamworks employee store and 20th Century Fox gift store.(especially for the discounted DVD's)
Forgot who broke the buying record on the last HTF meet

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Woohoo, just got the confirmation this morning!

Looking for a room share and possibly a car pool share as well.

Definitly buying a new camera for the event and then putting away as much dough as I can for this, this sounds like its gonna rule.

Sam

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Well, good news for all who got the Nod, and Congratulations. I'm too excited to go AND to see you all.

2 questions...

1) Who's Cool, Easy Going, Doesn't Smoke, and needs a Roomie in LA? Drop me a line? [email protected]

2) Will there be a Passworded Discussion, as was used for certain other trips?

Thanks,

Matt
Philadelphia Suburbs

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
So, whoever didn't get a confirmation this morning means he's out of the bussiness? How about the unofficial meeting then?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks