What's new

Heroes Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I enjoyed the episode, but one thing puzzles me about Claire's back-flip. Why does she cry out in pain when she lands?

Isn't this out of character compared to how she reacted to trauma last season? After all, this is the same girl who stuck her hand in a running garbage disposal and didn't even wince. This strikes me as a bit too obvious to be a simple continuity gaffe, but maybe it is.

Perhaps it is an attempt to telegraph a forthcoming change to her indestructability power? Or, maybe it has something to do with the fact that she hasn't used her abilities in several months??

Then again, the flame from the Bunsen Burner certainly didn't seem to phase her, so who knows...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Anders is awesome. His Brit accent was actually a little different on Alias, so more props to him for doing a regional variation of something he already had down pretty well. He's from my home state - I think it would have been cool to see him performing regional theater before he went all Hollywood. :)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Looks like Parkman may be feeding Molly a little bit too much pizza.

Pretty good episode but it was a little slow and probably too many stories going on in just an hour episode.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to ask, why is Bennet called HRG? I'm new to the thread.

I enjoyed the premiere too. I hope Hiro's Dad is okay as well. I agree, Hiro will become his hero.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I'd take Niki over the illegals. Everything else was gold, though. Anders is off to a great start. The way he was swigging from the jug did kind of remind me of Mifune. And, it appears that it's being set up that Hiro was the legendary Kensei.

Too bad they couldn't get Gary Cole to play the Copy Kingdom manager. It works better as a younger man, but I'd like to just see him smarming it up. "Yeahhhhhhhhh."

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Like Season 1 this was a slow start. Too many pieces being set up and not all the cast from Season 1 has made an appearance yet.

I hope Hiro's father is not truly dead - did anyone catch who his assassin was? I'm watching on regular cable so freeze framing does not help. It kind of looked like Sylar - but that makes no sense.

Loved HRGs putdown of his nerdy boss! That actor was perfectly cast.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I guess, but they came across as not being comfortable being in the same room with one another, I don't know.

Why do you guys keep calling him HRG when his name has been revealed? It's driving me nuts. ;)

The assailant who attacked Hiro's dad had Peter's build and whomever it was they had to have been able to survive a fall from that height so who knows.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Exactly my problem. It felt rushed to set up all the new stories for the year and none of them are overly compelling right now. I know this is going to change and I'll stick with the show this year for more than three episodes.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the episode, maybe not rushed but it does leave you wanting more. Hiro is still his classic self, the yuck comment when Kensai grabbed him after urinating was hilarious. My guess is that our new killer who's after the original group and got Hiro's dad is somebody that can enter the mind and cause anyone to do there bidding. Just my guess. Can't wait till Mondays again.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I really wished they would have re-capped the last episode a little. I don't remember everything from an episode that aired months ago. This makes jumping right in a little dis-orienting.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
What was up with Nathan's face in the mirror in the bar? Does he have shape shifting abilities? At first I thought that it was Peter that was shifted to Nathan until the Ireland part.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I figure either (a) he was close enough to Peter when he EMPed to get burned and somehow recovered or (b) he feels guilty for flying away from Peter at the last minute and thinks that the burned face is how he should look. At any rate, I think it's in his head.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
My take is Nathan is being haunted by the memory of his brother...does not know that is he alive, with no memory, and being used by the IRA....

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was curious if they would explain what happened to Nathan's winning the election last season since he's apparently vanished to the rest of the world.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
LOVED! LOVED! LOVED last nights episode. This was a good start to the season.

Here are a few things I am thinking so far:

*Kensai is actually Hiro and not this englishman.

*This kid that is stalking Claire is part of the company

*Silar is not really dead. I'm thinking he is coming back with a stronger vengeance.

can't wait for next Monday.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
I'm new to watching Heroes on commercial television since I just finished Season 1 on DVD. Did you guys notice that the commercials were kept to a very minimum. I'd say about 3-4 minutes in all, which means that the episode ran about 51-52 minutes [show ended at 9:55 less the 3-4 minutes of commercials]. The first commercial aired at around 9:25!!! I was impressed with NBC on this. Hope this continues. And YES IT'S IN WIDESCREEN.

First episode was o.k - nothing great. It's definitely a "setting the stage" for future big events to follow. The best scene had to be the Bennet dinner scene - brilliant use of facial expressions and eye contact.

I was always perplexed with Claire's ability - the pain aspect is inconsistent from trauma to trauma. If she can't feel her hand in a garbage disposal being chewed up, does Claire actually feel anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks