What's new

HELP WANTED: Replies to this thread as a test for Verizon accounts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I posted an update on the Help thread:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...49#post2471449

However, that still does not address the HTF issue. It seems as if the other domain that is affected has been addressed by Verizon (i.e., they have IDed them as a resend server). HTF has not been blocked by Verizon.

They said that if I can send an email to "[email protected]" and get a reply with no error, then it is not a resend server and the problem lies somewhere within HTF's servers since they have checked and there is no block. BTW, I just sent a message to that account and am hoping for a reply.

I know I know. It's weird that they say there's nothing on their end and HTF says the same thing. It's maddening but basically, I can live w/o it since I'll come in here and check on my own. But I'm a stickler for knowing why something is not working.

According to Parker, other domains like AOL and Hotmail are experiencing the same thing.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Keith,

I'm not sure "admin" is a watched account, but to cut it short, please send an e-mail to the address I will send you in a PM.

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Done! E-mail sent.

Verizon says that the actual originating e-mail address is the one that matters. So since [email protected] ( as mailto: ) is what appears in the header, that's what they go with.

Unfortunately, since they say the HTF domain is not blocked on their server, that's all they can say in this matter.

Strange indeed... But thanks for helping out, Cees!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Received your message and replied.
(Parallel, I did the same from my private e-mail account, and just replied from here to that one too. I have received my reply.)

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Hmmm... I sent Cees my test message at 1:02pm my time and it is now 1:30pm and I did not receive any replies yet.

What are the implications of this?

(Of course, it could take awhile to get to me. I'll report back tomorrow or if I get the e-mail, whichever arrives first.)

Mike: It's great you're injecting humor into this. We all need it right now. Thanks.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Keith,

I already received the message I sent as a reply to myself. And I did send that one AFTER I sent yours to you.

Mike,

You mean, you don't look like your grandpa? :)

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Cees,

I just sent another e-mail to you (about 20 minutes ago) asking if you can send an original message to my e-mail account instead of replying to my message.

I don't know if that will accomplish anything but trying deductive reasoning.

I still haven't received your original reply and it's been 2-1/2 hours already. In case, I don't get your second reply, let me know here. Thanks again!

Thanks,
Keith

P.S. What is the exact e-mail address that the automated replies come from? It says [email protected], but if that's not the true address, please PM it to me (for privacy reasons if that's an issue). Thanks.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Okay, just ended another (shorter this time) session with Verizon and they said that if I cannot receive email from hometheaterforum.com it is a problem on HTF's end. They don't have it on their blocked list.

It is now 3 hours 40 minutes after I sent Cees the first message and I have not received his reply (which he did send). He responded soon after receiving it.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Cees,

Well, it has been 8 hours and 15 minutes since you sent a reply to me but I never got it.

Soooooooo ... is that a clue? Verizon does not have HTF on their Spam list and says that if I cannot receive a response from the domain/e-mail, then it is something on HTF's side.

Are we there yet (toward a solution)? Are we there yet? (like an annoying kid)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Keith,

I just received your second PM (or at least, I just read it :) ), and replied again, saying to your question wether or not this seemed to be a key:

Now, we could do 1 other test to make sure it is related to Verizon: Mike Frezon, I suppose you don't use Verizon for your private e-mail, so would you be so kind to do the same? If you say yes, I will PM my e-mail address to you (we should avoid having e-mail addresses in plain text here).

Cees

PS:
Keith, sorry for asking a stupid question, but is your e-mail address correct? Perhaps you could send another e-mail to my private e-mail address and then I will reply again if I get it. If you say yes to this second test, I will PM you a private e-mail address.
C.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cees:

I'd be glad to help...but I am a little confused (a common state for me, frankly. :D ) In your PM, along with the e-mail address...tell me what you'd like me to do.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Keith,

I do something I seldom do: posting two messages in a row.

But perhaps, perhaps, I found the reason you don't get those e-mails! Or at least: we need to get this out of the way.

There's something you need to do to find out if this is the problem: in your registration, you have put "Receive e-mails from admins" to "NO". If you set it to "YES", I will try to resend a reply to you.

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith

Done! Based on our communication, it is known as "Subscribe to the forum newsletter?" (for reference) I have it now set to "YES."

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
After setting this to "YES" someone replied to one of the threads I'm subscribed to. Sadly, I still did not receive an e-mail confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks