What's new

HELP WANTED: Replies to this thread as a test for Verizon accounts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Keith,

We don't get bounced messages back from Verizon.

In a way, that makes some sense: it's generally no good to reply to (what is perceived as) SPAM.

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Thanks for the info, Cees. Well, then that does it then. Verizon has the problem and they can't find their own problem. That one little glitch won't stop me from using their service (which is excellent for everything else). Oh well. I will just have to log in here myself. Thanks again everyone.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
The satisfaction of helping fellow HTFers with Verizon accounts. ;)

Anyway, nothing is happening and I'm wondering if Verizon is actually checking on it or has abandoned it. Verizon does still have my case file, though, because when I keep contacting them, they are aware of the situation without me having to redescribe the situation.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Ha ha! Sorry, still no e-mail notification.

Verizon still handles rotary phones. I know a few people who still use it and Verizon is the only phone provider in our state. (One main cable company here - that uses RoadRunner for Internet - is going to get into the phone business soon.)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Ha ha!

Yeah, with new competition on the horizon, Verizon's E-mail and Web service (maybe even phone service) may end up looking like that!

BTW, still no e-mail notification.

Happy Thanksgiving! (One day late.)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
They're probably not doing anything about it, so that would have to be no surprise.

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I just finished a chat with Tech Support and they said that they cannot find anything on their end that would be cause for automated e-mails from HTF and another site to not reach our Inboxes.

They asked again if HTF and the other site gets returned e-mail as undeliverable and I told them they don't, based on what was mentioned here. The other site also says they don't.

Could there be anything on the originating servers that could contribute to the problem? Anything beyond the control of HTF? Their host server administration? Or do the HTF Admins have total control over their server?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Keith,

What could possibly cause the server to send e-mails to anyone as usual, but not to Verizon, while mail from other sites don't reach Verizon as well?

It simply is highly improbable that the cause lies at our or the other servers' side.

Unless they have a generally unusual condition that keeps all those mail messages from arriving there, but then they would know that best themselves, or find it out.

Cees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks