What's new
World Wide Stereo

HELP WANTED: Replies to this thread as a test for Verizon accounts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Mike, you have reply! :)

Keith,

Too sad. But in your dealings with the Verizon geniuses, you needed this one step, IMO. Also, if Mike DID receive my reply, you'll have prove that it should work for you too.

Cees

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cees:

Reply received!

I feel like I've just participated in some Bell/Watson moment. No, not a Belle Watling moment...a Bell/Watson moment.

Does this mean mean Rambo ...er, Keith is ready to approach Verizon and calmly explain things to them?! :D

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yep!
If it works for you and me and thousands of others, then Verizon customers are robbed. :)

Need some help, Keith?

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Yes! Any will do!

However, Verizon is adamant the problem is not on their end. If there was a way to communicate to them in simple terms what is going on, it might turn their ear. They seem determined to only look at the problem from one POV: Theirs.

I think they claim that something on the HTF servers are "discriminating" against the Verizon domain. So when HTF "sees" Verizon.net, something happens to the message. In other words, messages are not even reaching Verizon.

Anyway, KenRen (who is another Verizon customer not getting HTF e-mail) made some suggestions in the Help thread. I tried his 2nd suggestion so when someone replies here, we'll see.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Well, changing my "alias" back to my assigned username at Verizon didn't work.

So I changed my e-mail address (temporarily) to a Yahoo! account. If someone replies, I'm sure I'll get the notification there.

"They drew first blood... " - Rambo

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Yes, I got it. But again, like you said before, that doesn't solve anything.

The headers are different than what Mike Voigt posted in the Help/Feedback thread.

It's from [email protected]. But no matter what I put in my Safe List, it still doesn't show up.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Forget about what Mike Voigt posted. That same message would have been going to Verizon had you had the other e-mail address.

Why would the server at some lower level, suddenly change the message when it's aimed at Verizon?

And if the server cannot even reach Verizon, it would let the message "bounce". Now I realize that we don't know for sure where a bounced reply-in-thread-e-mail goes to, but my replies to you would have been coming back to me.
Until now they haven't.

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I changed some of my mail filter settings to reflect what shows up in the e-mail header but still nothing shows up.

I have given up communicating to Verizon so I really don't know what else to do or how to talk to them without them turning me away.

I've also tried communicating with the third domain who I previously mentioned didn't care. It seems that way again since no one is even bothering to repond. They are a local online newspaper where you can e-mail articles to people. It used to work but all of a sudden, it doesn't. They also use vBulletin version close to HTF.

I'm wondering if it does have something to do with the new software HTF installed. I vividly remember getting lots of HTF e-mails long ago and I was always using Verizon DSL.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Uh oh. And to think TWO Best Buys will be opening here in Hawai'i soon...

I went to the Best Buy Sux website. I will make sure all my friends read this before going hogwild. You should have seen Circuit City on "Black Friday." Approx. 3000 people waiting in line before the store opened. I've been there on Tuesdays when a big-title DVD is released. FORGET IT! Yikes! I've heard them being called "Circus $#!+ty."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh, I don't know, Keith. There are always a lot of posts in Coupons & Bargains (where I hang out a lot) and in Retail Feedback about problems with Best Buy, yet I (and others) keep going back because they've got the best selection in town on hardware and software. Its mostly employee issues/customer service where they don't seem to get it.

I've had a long-standing thread in Coupons & Bargains about trying to get on Best Buy's mailing list for "preferred customer" coupons. Its a hoot.

This problem you're having with Verizon, I don't get.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
We'll see when BB gets here. I know I'll at least check it out. When I visited Florida many years ago (when DVD just came out), I went to a BB and got some DVDs. Risky because if they were defective, there would be no way to return them (I couldn't watch it until I got home).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks