What's new

He Man and She Ra DVDs (1 Viewer)

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the the "best of" He Man and "best of" She Ra DVD two-disc sets? Are the special features different than the volume sets?
If you have the series in volumes (or plan to have the ones not released yet), is there any reason to pick up the best of compilations?

Thanks
TJ

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I have the He-Man 'best of' as well as both season 1 sets. The extras on the 'best of' are exclusive to that set and do NOT appear on the season sets. Same goes for She-Ra. The best of has the theatrical "Secret Of The Sword" movie with optional commentary. The S1V1 She-Ra set has the 5 individual episodes which comprised "Secret Of The Sword", without commentary I might add.

Also, if you're into collecting the art cards, each He-Man and She-Ra release contains 2 art cards exclusive to each set.

Having seen all of the special features, I guess it all depends on how much you want them. If you're buying the sets simply for the episodes, you're better off buying the season sets. The 2 documentaries on the "He-Man" best of are excellent. They count down the top 10 episodes (top 5 for each season). For each episode, you hear from writers, artists, etc about the creation of each.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm really glad that they did the best of sets for He-Man & She-ra. For the casual fan, who wants a hit of nostalgia without shelling out for the larger sets, these collections can't be beat. :emoji_thumbsup:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Yeah, I got to agree,Im just a casual he man fan myself. It was really nice of Bci to release a best of before they went into the big box sets, great transfers, nice extras on it as well.Still havent gotten around to buying best of she ra, but eventually will

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It was a good idea getting the market place pumped for both the He-Man and She-Ra release by using the Best Of's. I've got the two Best Of's, the Christmas Special, four MotU sets, one She-Ra and one New Adventures. I wouldn't dream of getting rid of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks