What's new

HDMI Connection (1 Viewer)

no respect

Agent
Real Name
Randy Colin
I'm looking for a combination electrical outlet with a hdmi connection. Anyone know if this exits and where I might find it? I've tried Crutchfield and Smarthome with no success.

no respect

Agent
Real Name
Randy Colin
that is the one I found also. I was hoping to find one that had the actual hdmi port to plug into.

millie123

Auditioning
Real Name
Millie Smith
You might be able to find one online, i found my HDMI connectors online on a well known auction site but check the local usage to make sure its compatible.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
It might be better just to do two single gang wallplates - one for power, one for HDMI. Even though the HDMI cable should be well shielded, having the cable in such close proximity to a power cable may result in some electromagnetic interference.

Even 6-10" of separation (enough to stay between the same studs) would, IMO, be worlds better than having them share the same box.

I got some HDMI connector wallplates from Parts Express. The "Bulk" wire plates (like the one that Casey linked) is another good option, and in some ways better since it eliminates two connections, which really are equivalent to two additional potential points of failure.

no respect

Agent
Real Name
Randy Colin
Jason, you may have answered the question as to why I can't find this combo. Maybe manufacturers won't combine them for fear of complaints about interference. I was just looking for a cleaner look and not having the possibility of losing the cables into the wall. I think your idea of using seperate wallplates is the answer. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks