What's new

HDMI Cables compatibility (1 Viewer)

pinkjosh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vishal
I have a movie projector that is HD 720p projector and I have connected it with my SONY upscaling DVD player through an HDMI cable. I understand its the standard 1.0 HDMI cable as I bought it more than a year ago.

Question: I am replacing my old system with Onkyo 9300THX HTiB which has an amp that is HDMI 1.4a compatible. I am also buying an HDMI 1.4a cable separately. Will my existing movie projector be able to take this new latest type of HDMI cable as an input. Are there any differences in HDMI old version male - female connector and latest HDMI 1.4 version male - female connector?

May be I should not buy a new HDMI cable and connect my new amp with existing old HDMI that I have. this is because of the fact that my amp will anyway be not able to support 3D content that comes over HDMI 1.4. howevver my preference would still be to use HDMI 1.4 cable as I dont think my current 1.0 HDMI cable as other HD feature of deep color and improved resolution technologies.

Any reply will really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1.4 cables have the same connectors.

Originally Posted by pinkjosh
I dont think my current 1.0 HDMI cable as other HD feature of deep color and improved resolution technologies.
It's just wire. Use the old cable and it will look just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks