What's new

Harry Potter - Goblet of Fire announced davisdvd (1 Viewer)

Allen_Kir

Stunt Coordinator

I think it would have been better if they just released it the 2-disc version it would have been the same price as the 1-disc version and people who don't want the extras don't have to watch them.

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator

Before "Batman Begins" came out, Amazon had both the single-disc and 2-Disc Deluxe Edition available for $15.98. I mean, I admit I got the single-disc edition of "Batman Begins" too, but that was because: a) did not have a commentary and b) didn't have any follow-up featurettes or thorough "Beyond Batman" featurettes like the Batman Anthology did. Plus the cover artwork was pretty.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I saw quite a few copies of the single disc edition of Goblet of Fire out for sale today at the local street-date-breaker. I reeeeeally wanted to pick it up, but all of the copies were selling for 19.99 (which is too much for a bare bones disc I'll be able to find used for 9.99 within probably two weeks). The spine looks just like Azkaban's, and should line up perfectly, for those who are interested.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
There's only a $1.99 difference in MSRP. It'll be interesting to see how that translates to the retail price.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Even though it's only a $1.99 difference, the stores will still price this just as they did with Batman Begins, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, etc. :

$14.99 / $15.99 = single disc version
$22.99 / $24.99 = double disc version

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl

Look closer. They have 3 Goblet of Fire releases (WS, FS, SE) and the site claims that all 3 have 2 discs, which is obviously a mistake. However, the cover images are correct, and if you go by those you'll notice that only the WS and FS editions are $16.99. The 2 disc SE costs $24.99!

I'm going with the R3 on this one. 2 discs, $15.95 incl. shipping.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Thanks Christian!

Upon looking closer I noticed the "third 2 disc set" that was $24.99. Bummer. May just opt for the single as I really don't care for the extras in the series.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I've officially promised myself to wait for Blu-ray since this title is one of the early titles announced for HD. But it's thrilling to see the DVD's list of features...they better be on the HD version too!

dave :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks