What's new

Grimm Season One (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
The Fabulous Panabaker Sisters.
He consistently gets his ass kicked because most of his foes have superhuman strength. Maybe in the future, he'll find he does, too. I think he needs some Grimm training.
Definitely needs some Grimm training. He's in good shape, but that beating in his house a few episodes back would have put most people in the hospital for a while, it was pretty violent.
But that's the kind of thing you overlook in shows like this. I think it's great and one of my favorite shows of the new season. Let's hope they keep the quality up.
Still wondering about the head detective and what his involvement will be. Since he knows he has a Grimm on staff, should be interesting.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /t/315821/grimm/30#post_3905490
The Fabulous Panabaker Sisters.
He consistently gets his ass kicked because most of his foes have superhuman strength. Maybe in the future, he'll find he does, too. I think he needs some Grimm training.
I understand that. I just think it's short-sighted of him that after months of dealing with these creatures that he doesn't take more precautions before his investigations bring him into such dangerous encounters. He alwways seems to be so surprised by their strength and power.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Grimm is becoming one of the shows I look forward to watching each week (along with Covert Affairs and Death Valley). The episode "Danse Macabre" was interesting from start to finish. It's surprising how much on location filming there has been in the episodes shown so far (a location seen towards the end of the previous episode reminded me of the waterfall seen in Twin Peaks), and the colours are vibrant (the show looks great in HD).

The end of the teaser and the start of the episode proper after the show title card screen (the victim in the car, following the squeamish scene with the rats), didn't look like CGI to me - grisly but in the style of something from a horror movie or The X Files/Millennium.

Enjoy the scenes each episode with Silas Weir Mitchell as Monroe (another thing I like about Grimm, are the driving scenes - no or hardly any back and side projection with the exterior/outside scenery).

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Sweet! For some reason this show has become one of my most anticipated. It's right up there with Fringe, Community and Modern Family in my weekly lineup.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Very welcoming news Grimm being renewed. Just wondering whether there will be 22 episodes in the first season or just 20 episodes. The episode list on EpGuides.com has a new episode on NBC up to April 20th (episode 18), with two more episodes listed after that (the episode 20 title sounds like it could be a season finale).

Last week's episode "The Three Bad Wolves" was mostly good, with a cliched revenge plot involving a mysterious female biker. Although Monroe had more than the usual scenes he has in each episode (where he helps Nick with his investigation/case).

The episode "Let Your Hair Down" was better. The forest scenes reminded me a lot of The X Files. Thought the story with the missing woman was written well, and good to see Claudia Christian back on screen again.

Something in Grimm which really adds to the atmosphere and feel of the show, is the lighting in the night scenes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I like the sister, so I'm glad she's sticking around for a little Monrovian romance. Was Wu eating the cookie again in his apartment? It makes sense, since what else would he be grabbing out of a work pouch, but they didn't show it closely enough for me to be able to tell for sure.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think he was eating the pillow cushion. My take from this is that eating the foam stuffing is a well known "compulsive" behavior. This was meant to show us he isn't over the effects of the cookie yet.
Or was is meant to show us what he always did in his spare time? This is, after all, the first time we have seen his apartment/personal life. I am not sure, but I bet we find out soon.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, that's sufficiently creepy. Pillow stuffing eating! That's seriously worse than seeing the dude's leg bits in that other guy's mouth.
Edit: Alright, I didn't know that was a real thing. Pica, or something. No offense if someone's suffering from that. I was thinking, "How could that be behavior from before the cookie?" but now I see that it could be.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
The bird girl with the gold in her neck was nuts. My daughter and I were both quietly freaking while he was cutting it out of her neck. It was absolutely nutty but is one of the reasons why I'm really digging this show.

By the way, what is going on with Hank and Adalind? I'm not sure why the cookie was made and where they are going with this. Is it to try and get at Nick?

Oh, and I have this feeling that maybe Juliette isn't just a normal every day person. I don't think she's hiding anything but I suspect maybe there is more to her than what we are shown.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
She's an Aesop!
I could have sworn they were planning their wedding in the first couple of episodes, so why is he asking her to marry him? If I'm forgetting a "time to cool off" episode, why was Hank acting like it was a big deal that he was asking?
Wu ate something weird again.
I'm digging Bree Turner. Monroe's a lucky blutbad. I hope she's made a regular next season. It's cool that she is now Nick's second Microchip, along with Monroe (who is a little jealous to have her in that role).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Last week's episode "Game Ogre" was one of my favourites so far this season. Either the strongest or one of the strongest stories to date, with a revenge plot which was interesting from start to finish. Nick got quite a beating from the escaped prisoner and Monroe had some good scenes (one of the highlights of the episode was him going through the cupboard in Nick's caravan to find the weapon to weaken the ogre). The revenge story device has been done countless times in cop dramas, but Grimm gave it a fresh coat of paint.

Much better episode than the previous week's, this show is quickly becoming one of the highlights of the week.

Also, EpGuides.com have updated their episode list for Grimm's first season. There should be 22 episodes in total, with the (likely) season finale premiering on NBC on May 18th.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This forum moves pretty fast, nothing negative towards you but you have to stay up to date when posting here. Grimm was renewed March 16th.
People are polite on this forum, but they will let you know if you've made a mistake. Trust me, I've been on the receiving end and have learned a lot.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He didn't make a mistake. He's in the UK, which is why he's seeing episodes now that aired here in January. As for not hearing it was renewed, again, UK. They don't get our news there. ;)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Already knew Grimm had been renewed for a second season (read about the news in the past couple of weeks). In my previous post, was commenting on the total number of episodes for this season, and not about whether the show had been renewed yet or not. And saying "the (likely) season finale" was because I was assuming the 22nd episode will be the season finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks