What's new

Grimm Season One (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone feel that the Captain's backstory and what he was doing behind the scenes with Adelind has changed since the first episodes? I just feel that they were pointing in a different direction then than they are now. Are there any interviews out there?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A solid episode with a fascinating case for Nick and Hank (with as usual, help from Monroe) involving organ harvesting. Monroe had an amusing scene with a shop owner (including the bit outside the shop with Nick, when he told him how much what was in the jar cost). What could have been a cliched, rescue of the two homeless people was done a different way, leading to a rousing finale at the surgery tent/house.

The end felt a bit tacked on, like it wasn't needed, with the mytharc plot progressing (the detectives' boss receiving from a Reaper the removed ear from the pilot episode).

That shot just before the end of the teaser with the waterfall in the background was stunning. Some witty humour between Nick and Monroe in a dinner scene as well. All in all, "Organ Grinder" was a very good episode.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Not sure whether I liked the episode "Tarantella" or not. Some of the music in the teaser wasn't well chosen, although it did look the apartment scenes weren't filmed on a studio set and instead on location. Ditto with the scene before last on the boat at the harbour. The story just felt a bit basic with not much depth, but was much better with the Monroe scenes and the last 10 minutes (the ending itself was sad). Also, this was the first episode to have a content warning by the channel Watch (which shows Grimm in the UK), "contains scenes of horror". And if my memory is correct, this is the first episode to have a recap.

This episode wasn't as good as the episode with the rats, "Game Ogre" and "Organ Grinder".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Nah, man, an episode with Amy Acker is tops. That was true horror because any one of us would have been tempted to go with her and thus had our insides sucked out.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Leave It to Beavers was an intense episode.
Spoilers for the episode:
I thought we were going to have a cliffhanger there. I was surprised that the two Reapers attacked all at once. What is the point of surprising a Grimm by there being two Reapers if you reveal that right away? He is supposed to be fighting one and then be blindsided by the other. Meanwhile the Beavers society was well done.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I really enjoyed the episode, and was glad to finally see a really bad ass attitude from Nick in his Grimm persona. The gloves have come off when dealing with his enemies out to kill him, and now it's war. I love it.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /t/315821/grimm/90#post_3920021
Nah, man, an episode with Amy Acker is tops. That was true horror because any one of us would have been tempted to go with her and thus had our insides sucked out.

Now if it had been Claire Stansfield or Bobbie Phillips instead of Amy Acker playing this guest star role in this episode, would have been different comments from me. The episode "Tarantella" wasn't a bad episode, just not one of the best episodes so far.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
NeilO said:
Leave It to Beavers was an intense episode.
Spoilers for the episode:
I thought we were going to have a cliffhanger there. I was surprised that the two Reapers attacked all at once. What is the point of surprising a Grimm by there being two Reapers if you reveal that right away? He is supposed to be fighting one and then be blindsided by the other. Meanwhile the Beavers society was well done.
I thought the Reapers were more concerned with the Police Chief, and they sent 2 incase the Chief was on to them.
I am glad we saw badass Grimm.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They are really building a rich mythology right now. I like how Nick is starting to make deep connections within the Wesen world, and I liked the Old World feel of the way the beavers thanked Nick. It's a shame that Nick still seems to think of Monroe as little more than an encyclopedia, though. Monroe has been hinting for a long time that they ought to try being actual friends and doing things that don't involve the supernatural at all, and if Nick had taken him up on that, the dinner wouldn't have been as awkward. If Juliette presses the issue of how they met and why they don't have their story straight, he ought to just say, "Monroe was our first suspect in the kidnapping, and that's a little awkward for him." Which is true.
I actually thought they were pretty much friends, but some of Nick's words made me think that's not true from his side.
Richard, if you don't like Amy Acker that much, stick around a few episodes for Danielle Panabaker. Surely she'll be to your liking. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm still trying to figure out why the old guy in Germany that sent the reapers was speaking French?

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
This last episode was fantastic. Nick was finally starting to get his Old World Grimm on. This will replace Fringe (when the series finishes) as my favorite show on TV. Plus I really like the direction where they are taking it and the speed at which they give up details and plot info. Not to fast but not exceedingly slow. I really hope it does well in the ratings/numbers game to continue for a few seasons.

On a side note: Is Captain Renard a Reaper or is he royalty instead? I can't quite figure out where he ranks in the Grimm world.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If he's wesen, he's the only one able to hide it from Nick so far. I think there's more to it, but I don't even have a guess as to what.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
And so the second half of the first season begins. "Last Grimm Standing" was quite good, with a grisly ending (difficult to see what was going on in the background with what was attacking the parole officer, but it wasn't pretty for the parole officer (played by Nick Chinlund, a familiar face from the 90's, who guest starred as Donnie Pfaster on The X Files) and it added more questions about the Captain (still can't tell who he is, because the same thing isn't happening with the Captain as it is with the other characters Nick can really see).

Assuming that was an engagement ring Juliette found in the drawer? And what's happened to Sergeant Wu? He hasn't been in the last two episodes ("Tarantella" and "Last Grimm Standing").

Some beautiful location shots again in this episode (like the one where Nick and Hank chase the suspect out of the warehouse and find the policeman injured on the embankment, with the suspect speeding off in the speedboat, and the foggy location later on in the episode).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A return to form, a much better episode with a story about the effect three coins had on the people who had it in their possession. Plenty going on in this story, with a powerful ending. Monroe only appeared in one scene (but it wasn't a waste), the Captain was affected by the coins, Nick's girlfriend got involved in the case, a well built-up teaser, nice locations and good use of colour and lighting. All in all, a quality episode.

What sort of camera was that which Nick had in his caravan? That was a fascinating part of the episode.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /t/315821/grimm/90#post_3921120
Richard, if you don't like Amy Acker that much, stick around a few episodes for Danielle Panabaker. Surely she'll be to your liking.

Kept unspoiled as to when Danielle Panabaker debuted. The episode "Plumed Serpent" was very good. A good story and pace, well shot (right from the off), which continued through the episode. Interesting contraptions on the railway track (the bit where Nick and Monroe travelled on that vehicle to the 'dragon's lair' was a highlight).

Oh yes, Danielle Panabaker. The fire-eater show wasn't dull.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
This show continues to pull me in each and every Friday. The whole Vessen world and lore is absolutely intriguing.
After watching the previews this weeks episode should be a great one.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Great season finale. I am glad it got renewed. The season opener should be a doozy.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Yup, what a great season ending. I was definitely not expecting the reveal at the end. I'm really stoked for the next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks