What's new

Grimm Season One (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Looks like they're repeating most of the episodes this summer. Started with #1, but good luck following the series after that. They seem to be drawing numbers out of a hat and showing them in completely random order.
Looking forward to next fall when things settle back to normal.
To all the negative posters, your opinions are a waste of time. If you don't like it, don't watch it and don't waste time posting about it.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The episode "Love Sick" was one of the strongest episodes this season, getting better as it went on. The Hank sub-plot with Hank, the blonde witch and the Captain progressed and came to a satisfying conclusion, with a hint at what was to come (will the blonde non-witch return, now a lonely figure with no use for the Captain and her mother? And is her mother a new recurring character?).

Thought the CGI during Nick's fight with the blonde witch was good (the fight scene itself, edited with Monroe and Rosalee using the antidote on Hank, was filmed well). Difficult to tell though whether that was really the actor playing Nick doing his own stunts, or a stuntman. Rosalee played an important role in the episode's main plot. Enjoyed her scenes with Nick and Monroe. The scene with Sergeant Wu though, was a highlight. The use of camera angles and the comedic feel of the scene in Wu's apartment was tense and funny, with the ending a relief.

Turned out the promo shown after the episode "The Thing with Feathers" was a compilation of clips from the next few episodes, as the clip of the mysterious people at a table is from an episode not shown yet.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
One of my favorites, can't wait for its return.
Can anyone explain the blond witch and the other blond? Or is there just one? Don't always pay perfect attention to these details and am a bit confused.
Blond witch and the captain are obvious.
Blond whatever who lost her powers and pissed off her mother is another one.
Blond #3? Is there another one or are some of these the same?
Thanks

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Stan, in the episode "Love Sick", there were I'm sure, two blonde witches (the young woman and her mother). Don't know about the remaining episodes of Grimm's first season yet.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The episode "Cat and Mouse" was an entertaining hour, with a formidable enemy for both Nick and the Captain. Things are stepping up a notch in the scale of the show's storyline.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /t/315821/grimm/90#post_3921120
They are really building a rich mythology right now. I like how Nick is starting to make deep connections within the Wesen world, and I liked the Old World feel of the way the beavers thanked Nick. It's a shame that Nick still seems to think of Monroe as little more than an encyclopedia, though. Monroe has been hinting for a long time that they ought to try being actual friends and doing things that don't involve the supernatural at all, and if Nick had taken him up on that, the dinner wouldn't have been as awkward. If Juliette presses the issue of how they met and why they don't have their story straight, he ought to just say, "Monroe was our first suspect in the kidnapping, and that's a little awkward for him." Which is true.
I actually thought they were pretty much friends, but some of Nick's words made me think that's not true from his side.

The episode "Leave It to Beavers" was another very good episode, with some excellent scenes (the river dam location, including that well shot fight scene with the Reapers), and I liked that scene where Nick saw the gifts received from the Beavers.

Hope they can build on what they've done so far with the show's mytharc. Still can't fathom out what the Captain is (only theory I've thought of, is he's the Devil). The continuity of the show, going back to the pilot episode with Nick, Juliette and Monroe's conversation at the dinner table was done well. Three episodes of the season left.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The penultimate episode of Grimm's first season, about Bigfoot, was really, really good. Very entertaining, some well filmed action and chase scenes and a tantalising ending. Even though I'd read on here about Juliette finding out something, the promo for next week's season finale (shown after the end credits of the episode) gave away this spoiler. What was also interesting about "Big Feet" was Hank seeing the transformation of the creature back to the human. Can't wait for this season finale.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Wow, what a season finale. That was packed full of stuff, with revelations, cliffhangers for the characters (this was very similar to Hawaii Five-0's season finale) and as usual, a good use of exterior locations. And talking about the locations and weather in Grimm, I can't wait until the second season to see this aspect of the show a few months on (hopefully Watch will start showing the second season from around late autumn/fall, even though it will follow NBC with having breaks between batches of new episodes. And with the second season starting a month earlier on NBC than the first season, it's more likely there will be more gaps between episodes).

When does filming of the second season start? Also have another question about the second season - on EpGuides.com it has a new episode being shown on NBC on Monday August 13th, with the next new episode being shown on Friday September 14th. Is the former episode a prequel episode?

And regarding who played the Woman in Black in Grimm's first season finale, when watching the promo last week, seeing a promo pic in a TV listings magazine, and watching the season finale I was thinking "is that who I think it is?". Then my guess was correct when the end credits started. Glad with who Grimm's makers chose to play this character.

The BBFC added several listings to their website today for the first season of Grimm (being released in the UK by Universal Playback).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It looks like the August 13 episode is the season premiere. They're trying to get the Olympics crowd interested. It seems like a strange strategy, since anyone interested has to wait a month for the followup.

Rocky F

Second Unit
WaveCrest said:
When does filming of the second season start? Also have another question about the second season - on EpGuides.com it has a new episode being shown on NBC on Monday August 13th, with the next new episode being shown on Friday September 14th. Is the former episode a prequel episode?
I don't think Epguides has complete information. According to The Futon Critic, there will also be new episodes on August 20th and 27th, before it moves back to it's regular Friday night slot on September 14th.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/grimm/listings/

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Check out the NBC Comic-Con page
I am guessing that the presentations will be on their site at some point since they have the previous years ones.
On Saturday July 14:
3:00-4:00PM
Room: 6A, Convention Center
"Grimm" Q&A/Season 2 Preview
(Presented by Universal Television)
"Grimm," NBC's supernatural mythology drama, returns to Comic-Con to kick off its second season packed with chills and revelations. Be among the first to get a glimpse of season two and participate in a Q&A session with the cast and producers: David Giuntoli ("Turn the Beat Around"), Russell Hornsby ("Lincoln Heights"), Bitsie Tulloch ("The Artist"), Silas Weir Mitchell ("Prison Break"), Reggie Lee ("The Dark Knight Rises"), Sasha Roiz ("Caprica") and Bree Turner ("The Ugly Truth") and executive producers/writers Jim Kouf ("Angel") and David Greenwalt ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), executive producer/director Norberto Barba (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) and executive producers Sean Hayes ("Hot In Cleveland") and Todd Milliner ("Hot In Cleveland"). Produced by Universal Television and Hazy Mills, "Grimm" returns late summer on NBC and "Grimm" Season One will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 7, 2012.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The season one cover in the UK is pretty cool:
0d1990f8_91T2BPQS608L._AA1500_.jpeg

It isn't released until October 22, which is how long our UK friends have to wait for season two, as well. :(

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The UK Blu-ray front cover artwork for the first season of Grimm has a lenticular cover-look to it. Don't think it will be a lenticular cover, but even if it isn't, the artwork looks very good indeed and has got the atmosphere of the show right. Am glad there's no Universal Playback banner along the top of the front cover, but the Universal logo in the bottom right-hand corner is updated from the logo shown on some previous Universal Playback releases. Also, this front cover artwork for Grimm: Season One is similar to Watch's ad bumper when returning from the ad break.

Quite a busy DVD and Blu-ray release schedule over the next few months (Grimm: Season One is released the same day as Blue Bloods: Season Two in the UK).

Thanks for posting the front cover artwork Greg.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks