What's new

Got my speakers today! Noob questions! (1 Viewer)

Chad Viro

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Everyone:
Well, I got my axiom speakers today (60MTi's, VPN150, and QS8's) to go along with my Denon 3803 Receiver and Denon 2200 and 3 sofa aura bass shakers(along with a partsexpress 100w amp)! This will be my first home theater, so I am very very very excited! I do not have a sub as of yet, that will be a few months.

However, I have run into a few problems unfortunately. The first problem i am experiencing is that I am not getting any output from bass shakers. I know I have connected the bass shakers together correctly, however, I am wondering if I connected the receiver-to-the-amp and the amp-to-the-reciever and the speakers-to-the-amp correct.

Here is a pic of my amp
I connected the speakers up to the right-most red/black connectors, labeled 'to speakers'. I plugged the audio cable from the receiver to the left-most red rca connector, which is labeled 'input'. Is this correct?

Then I have the audio cable going from the amp to the subwoofer output on my denon 3803 receiver.

I am soo sad, i hope someone can help me :frowning:

EDIT: Also, any advice as to what I should turn the frequency to on the amp? :frowning:

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I know, you should plug the speakers into your receiver, and have that amp hooked up thorugh the sub pre-out on your receiver into the inputs (you may need a y-cable, cheap).

ricky ho

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Chad
Like Justin said, your speakers should go to your receiver.
You said that you don't have a subwoofer now, so all you need is a cable from the receiver's sub output to the plate amp "line in". There should be a red and black wire coming out of the back of the plate amp. They attach to the base shakers in a series circuit.
Once connected correctly you can adjust the crossover (frequency) to how much shake you want.

"I plugged the audio cable from the receiver to the left-most red rca connector, which is labeled 'input'. Is this correct?"
No. Try the way I Stated above. good luck

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Control of the frequency of the PE amp is via the lfe output of the Denon........
The volume control of the PE amp controls the amount of shake of the Auras.........
You may need to go into the menu of the Denon and choose the lfe feed correctly to output a signal to the sub out connection..........

Hope this helps.....

Chad Viro

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Guys:
Thanks for the help! With all your advise, I think I finally have it set up properly. I connected the bass shakers to the red-black wires coming out of the back of the plate amp, and 'voila!'.

I still need to fiddle with the frequency in my denon menu, but atleast I am getting a little bit of shake! Thanks again guys. Any recommendations as to what I should have my volume setting to and my frequency?

DonnyD

Screenwriter
80-90 hz is a good start (if the Denon has that option)......... and set the PE amp "full" on... I'd start with the LFE setting on the Denon at 0 and the plate amp at about half volume.....put in some movies with good lfe......Underworld, Saving PR, etc..... and let her rip.
Later, when you get a sub and calibrate your system, you may need to adjust your lfe output and the volume of the plate again...... Good luck, you're gonna love it!

Joe Rosiak

Agent
Real Name
Mr. Wizard
So along the same lines, I have just purchased my home theater seats which have the base shakers built in, and a Sony 70" XRB. However, the theater seats did not come with any kind of amp. My local high end retailer was trying to tell me that an additional amp for the seats will cost me 400 or more just to run my shakers.

Is this true? Do I have other options? Can someone post a link here to where I may find an amp for around $100 - $200 dollars?

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Just curious, if you're running bass shakers with no sub aren't you only getting tactile bass since all the LFE is directed to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks