What's new

Gladiator BD exchange (1 Viewer)

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
Michael Allred said:
I finally bought "Gladiator" on Blu today, remembered the hoopla surrounding the quality issue and thought I'd have a look through various threads and I keep finding confusing points. One person says that as long as "2 disc set" is NOT on the packaging, you have the remastered version. Another says that if the UPC code is yellow and not white, it is the remastered version. OK great, my copy has a yellow UPC code but it also says "2 disc set" so WTF? I did notice that it has the "distributed by Warner Home Video" on it now since they took over Paramount's distribution recently so I don't know which copy I have to be frank. Can anyone clarify?
I think you're fine. The definitive way to tell is to look at the disc itself. On the hub of the data side there will be a long identification number. It's hard to see, but if you hold it up to a light at the right angle you should be able to read it. If it ends in "B1R1" it's the original version, if it ends in "B1R2" it's the fixed version. Without opening it, I believe that only packaging with all 3 of these had the original version:
[*] white UPC
[*] says "2 disc set" above the paramount logo
[*] distributed by Paramount (i.e. does not say distributed by Warner)
[/list] If any one of those is different, then I think you should have the fixed version. By now, I'm be pretty confident that all the original ones are long gone, so I'd be surprised if anyone gets one these days.

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I bought a steelbook release from Best Buy (Warner label) and I think I might have one of the old discs. The picture did not look all that great to me. I'll check the disc for the number when I get home. If it is the old disc what do I do? Does the replacement program even exist anymore?Sent from my SCH-S738C using Home Theater Forum mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks