What's new

Gladiator BD exchange (1 Viewer)

dvdirv

Grip
Real Name
Irv Haas
I received mine today via Fed-Ex! It took just 2-1/2 weeks to arrive. Pretty speedy compared to other exchanges. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I received mine FedEx this afternoon, exactly two weeks after I show they received my copy. (I just hope being tossed onto my porch by the delivery guy did not damage it!)
That is a pretty good turnaround time. I was worried, since they did not seem to communicate very well on this.
Good job Paramount/Dreamworks, (or, really, Deluxe Media Management, who appear to be the ones that handled the exchange).

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Received mine this morning. The turnaround was pretty quick. I plan on watching the disc tonight.

marsnkc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrew
Turnaround was only 10 days for me. By Fedex in a strong disc-sized cardboard envelope. Very impressive!

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Sent mine in on 7-30 and have yet to receive my replacement. I called the 888 number and was told I should have received it by now. It was too late for him to check the computer so he took my info and is supposed to call me back tomorrow. I've got a bad feeling....

robbbb1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Robb
I received my replacement 13 days after sending in the original. I had delivery confirmation on my return and I had it exactly a week after it was received.

Upon watching the remastered film, I can see where someone thought they needed to use a lot of DNR. It has a lot of grain and scratches for a movie that's only 10 years old. I haven't watched the entire movie yet, but it was mostly noticeable in the first scene where Maximus is a gladiator (not in Rome, but his very first fight after Oliver Reed's character buys him and has him trained). It's easy to tell the difference between this version and the other, even when I haven't seen that original mastering in about 11 months.

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
I got my replacement disc about 5 days ago. I'd really like to see some statistics of how many of these PHE has shipped out.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I just picked up my exchange at Best Buy. I thought I would wait and sure enough they had the yellow ones in. I did the same with Private Ryan. Best Buy can print up a sales slip if you paid with your credit card. I just did not want to wait for the mail order route. So Best Buy has them if some of you have not exchanged yet and bought them at BB.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
It's been seven weeks so far and nothing. I wish there was someone at Paramount I could call. The answering service handling the exchange calls say there's nothing they can do. /img/vbsmilies/htf/frown.gif

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I sent my disc in on Friday September 17 and received my replacement yesterday, Tuesday the 28. Granted the return address is Valencia and I live in So-Cal, so people across the country can expect a little bit of a longer delay, but overall 11 days (and 4 of them were weekends) is not too shabby.

Funny though, it came with only a white sleeve and I asked myself "great, how in the world am I going to tell if I got the corrected disc?"

Played it and it became very obvious immediately. Due to whatever overprocessing was done in the original disc, the reddish/orange smoke of the opening credits always looked like a digital mess and the letters weren't crisp/sharp. On this one, as soon as the opening credits rolled, it looked very filmlike. I had my answer right then. To double-confirm though I watched the first 30 minutes and the difference is night and day. Especially the scene with the flaming arrows. Most of those were "deleted" as noise in the original release, and they are there in all of their glory in this version.
Best of luck to those who are still in need of a replacement. Do call the number and send it in, they will replace in a timely manner. But be prepared, have the blu ray (and its case) on hand when you call in.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Todd H
It's been seven weeks so far and nothing. I wish there was someone at Paramount I could call. The answering service handling the exchange calls say there's nothing they can do. /img/vbsmilies/htf/frown.gif
I, too, have been waiting for seven weeks and nothing has shown up. Not only do I not have a remastered replacement, I now have have no copy of Gladiator at all! Pretty crappy P.R. if you ask me. The operator I spoke to at Paramount indicated the best she could do was leave a message for "whoever" to return my call within 48 hours. It's been that already, and this is the second time I was told that in the past ten days! I am starting to grow very angry with Paramount. Months ago, I bought the Blu's of both Gladiator and Forrest Gump and mailed in (separately) two coupons for $10.00 rebates on the upgrades from DVD. I received only one ten dollar check back.

Way to go, Paramount... you're batting zero!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to hear that others are having bad experiences. It cost me a little more (I think under $3 total) but I sent mine certified mail USPS so I could track it and prove I had returned it. Luckily I didn't need to resort to that.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina
Sorry to hear that others are having bad experiences. It cost me a little more (I think under $3 total) but I sent mine certified mail USPS so I could track it and prove I had returned it. Luckily I didn't need to resort to that.
I also sent mine by Certified Mail USPS and received a replacement disc very quickly. It seems likely that returns by Certified Mail are receiving priority from the studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks