What's new

Gary the Rat (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Anyoen like this show? I thought it was decent, but doing the animation in Flash was perhaps not the best decision. It doesn't look that great. It's Kelsey Grammar, and he's always entertaining, though.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I agree about the image quality. At times the shakiness was really distracting. Kelsey was awesome as usual and there were plenty of good moments. I loved the drunk guy.
*poking Gary*
Garry: "Yes, I'm real."

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I think they tried too hard to be another Harvey Birdman. The only thing I was left wondering is how much they paid Kelsey to do this thing.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, he's got an executive producer credit, which generally means he owns a piece of the show. :)

Not bad; I'll watch it again. The animation looked particularly bad coming after Ren & Stimpy, which while ugly, is smoothly animated and imaginitive.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'll keep tuning in, atleast through the summer wasteland. My favorite moment by far was went he first looks in the mirror after changing and goes: "Well, shit!"

That, and the deliciously horrible way he brushes off his mother.

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
he first looks in the mirror after changing and goes: "Well, shit!"
I was a little surprised at this because every time I have watched a movie on this station it is HEAVILY censored..I wonder if it just escaped the censors???

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Gary the Rat saying "Shit" doesn't hold a candle to a cartoon cat sucking shit from a rat's sphincter and then later on receiving anal sex from a chiuahua. The censors took the night off.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I didn't find the show much like harvey Birdman. Sure, it's an animated courtroom comedy, but Gary as a character is nothign like Harvey. Harvey just seems to wing all his cases (pun intended). I've scertainly never seen him rackign his brain about a closing arguement. Gary seems ot be a competent and slick lawyer, rather than just tryign to be one.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
OK , I give up . What happened to episode 1 . Every listing shows Thursday's show as episode 2 . Did TNN tie the pilot to their name change somehow and therefore had to kill it ? Or did I miss something a couple of weeks ago?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Gary continues having its funny moments, but I think the show is too callous for its own good. Some stuff was great (check your cat, sir?), but other stuff, namely the whole exterminator plotline and the random deaths didn't work any better than last week. In fact, I think they're worse.

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
I agree about the exterminator plotline it adds nothing and goes nowhere I still think the show is amusing

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I think last night's ep was the best yet. No callous random killings of characters, and the exterminator's part was reduced. Plus it was more of a character-based comedy than the previous ones.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
this show was origionally a series of shortsat shockwave.com along with new short eps of the critic.

did anyone see them there? i wonder if these are new or just those eps now on tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks