What's new

Final Fantasy (1 Viewer)

Luis A

Second Unit
I've seen FFTSW about 15-20 times, and I have to say I like it more each time I see it. If Square has really decided not to make another FF movie that would be a shame. My .02
L

I liked this film a lot but then I don't mind films that move at a more stately pace than the usual Hollywood action flick.

Neil_S

Stunt Coordinator
Lucas never really explained the history between the Sith and Jedi, so how do so many people know it? If you want enough information to understand a film, it should be there, but to get a complete and working knowledge of it, you should have to do a little more than watch it.
You make a good point. I guess what it comes down to is I guess this movie just didn't hook me enough to make the effort. To me if felt like it was missing quite a bit rather than eluding to the greater background.

But that's just me. Like I said, I really wanted to like this movie and while I didn't dislike it, I was left feeling unfulfilled.

Neil

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I read in another thread that the plot was in the "Japanese Style" drama, which most Westerners don't understand without being bored (culture shock).

The people were so real in one way but the subtle human movements and expressions were lacking, especially in facial features and weight distribution. Certain features were too symmetrical and rigid which made the overall experience uncomfortable to watch (distracting).

I believe Dreamworks have come up with a better system and said that they had to "tone down" the human characters to match the rest of the environment in Shrek. They also said their characters looked too real at first so maybe they will be the next studio to come out with something similar?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
When Hironobu Sakaguchi made FF, he decided that the subject matter and the themes were so human and so deep that the film must look as realistic as possible, but because it would have sucked live action, he decided to use CGI. Thats the reason why they strived for realism so much.

Shrek is a cartoon. The CGI was just a gimmick, not that thats a bad thing, but nothing in it looked THAT good, at least compared to FF, and simply because Shrek is a different kind of film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks