What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time September/October 2014 Releases (3 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 10/01/2014​
Twilight Time is not afraid to announce the Blu-Ray debut of Robert Wise’s disturbing masterpiece - just in time for Halloween!
“AUDREY ROSE”
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 3,000 units available at​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14TH, 2014
“What a wonderful director Robert Wise was. Audrey Rose is a lesser-known but no lesser effort from the master…a disturbing film that stands with the best of his work.”
Marilyn Ferdinand, Ferdy on Films
“A reaction to and a reworking of The Exorcist…minus the sensationalism, special effects, and vulgarity. Intelligent and restrained direction…with such taste and pride in craftsmanship.”
William K. Everson, Films in Review
“A reaction to and a reworking of The Exorcist…minus the sensationalism, special effects, and vulgarity. Intelligent and restrained direction.”
—Adrian Schober, Possessed Child Narratives in Literature and Film
Audrey Rose (1977), the incomparable Robert Wise’s eerie adaptation of Frank De Felitta’s novel, gives us an affluent New York couple (Marsha Mason and John Beck) at a loss to explain the transformation of their heretofore happy little girl (Susan Swift) into a nightmare-ridden visionary, haunted by intimations of violent death. Until, that is, a stranger (Anthony Hopkins) appears, insisting that little Ivy is, in fact, the reincarnated—and tortured—soul of his own daughter, Audrey Rose, who died in a tragic accident just as Ivy was being born. Shot by the great Victor Kemper (Dog Day Afternoon), and featuring a score—available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track—by that prince of dark music, Michael Small (Klute, Marathon Man).
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 10/01/2014​
Twilight Time shudders to announce the Blu-Ray debut of the ultimate alien slime movie
- leading the “horror” pack for Halloween!
“THE BLOB”
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 5,000 units available at​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14TH, 2014
“By any reasonable standard, Chuck Russell’s Blob is new and improved…a more professional effort in every way. The special effects look sickeningly good, and the actors show signs of being able to act…a lively, grisly, better-than-average high-tech monster movie.”
Janet Maslin, The New York Times
“A great B-movie with an A-pic budget, The Blob is back with a vengeance. Updated [from the 1958 original] with awesome, no-expense-spared special effects and a feisty female hero, horrific outing should prove thoroughly satisfying for fans of the genre.”—Variety
Director Chuck Russell (The Mask) and screenwriter Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption) bring us an updated version of the Steve McQueen horror classic: The Blob (1988), about an amorphous pile of goo laying siege to a small town, with only a tough cheerleader (Shawnee Smith) and an outcast biker boy (Kevin Dillon) standing between alien slime and total annihilation.
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Ronald Epstein said:
“A reaction to and a reworking of The Exorcist…minus the sensationalism, special effects, and vulgarity. Intelligent and restrained direction…with such taste and pride in craftsmanship.”
William K. Everson, Films in Review
“A reaction to and a reworking of The Exorcist…minus the sensationalism, special effects, and vulgarity. Intelligent and restrained direction.”
—Adrian Schober, Possessed Child Narratives in Literature and Film
Did one of these people plagiarize from the other, or did the Twilight Time press release misquote one of them?

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Part of me has never truly recovered from seeing THE BELIEVERS in theater back in 1987. Slickly done and very disturbing (I've certainly never looked at a pimple the same way again) it's one of those movies I think is quite well made but I don't think I could bring myself to sit through again.

Nothing on this go around really "sends" me but I'm glad other people are having fun with the offerings!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Make sure your cc is current. They recently upgraded their site.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
TonyD said:
Make sure your cc is current. They recently upgraded their site.
SCREENARCHIVES.COM doesn't seem to exist at the moment?!?! anyone have a current working lnik?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
If I google SCreen ARchives, all I get is a blank screen saying : "The system cannot find the file specified."

I was able to access it using chrome on my android phone.

Ridiculous, but I got in my order for the Blob at least.

I really hate these limited edition discs. :S

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I tried so hard to get the free signed copy of The Buddy Holly Story. I actually got it into my cart, but couldn't get through the checkout process due to the mad rush of internet traffic. I keep getting booted out and then finally it was gone at 3 minutes past the hour. Oh well, I will just save all the titles I was going to get today for the next promotion and hopefully the next giveaway won't be so darned popular. :(

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Just wanted Under Fire in this one. Bit of lag, but I got it.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. My pre-order is in for the following:
AudreyRose_Blu.jpg

Blob_The_Blu.jpg

LaBamba_Blu.jpg

Probably just made Nick Redman's day.

I've never saw any of these films in the theater and I'm not really into the horror genre. So why am I so excited about ordering up these flicks that I've been waiting months for?

Home Theater does that to you. And I really do want to see Audrey Rose (1977). (I've read the condensed book).

And I was really looking forward to La Bamba (1987).

The Blob (1988, the year I graduated college) will be a new one for me but something tells me I'll like it. Would also like to have the 1958 original version on Blu as well.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Kyrsten Brad said:
Brad here

The Blob (1988, the year I graduated college) will be a new one for me but something tells me I'll like it. Would also like to have the 1958 original version on Blu as well.
Of course, Criterion released the original a year or so ago. I reviewed it. Or did you mean you knew it was available but were saving up to buy it?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Brad, the original Criterion Blob BD that Matt refers to is a keeper. That's not normally my genre, but it's a terrific presentation of a good movie. Plus anything with Olin Howlin is a must buy for me :)

On topic - thanks to Nick & Julie and the rest of the TT gang for continually providing us great product. I'm not going to pretend that I buy all of them because I don't (and can't) but have more than a few of their titles (with others on my to buy list) and am very, very pleased with all of them. Best wishes for continued success to both of you!

Thanks,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks