What's new

Exclusive to Laserdisc - help compiling a comprehensive list! (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
oh my goodness how on earth did this thread survive forum crashes and conversions, I thought it was long gone? I was in university when I started this and quickly got overwhelmed by studies, and this thread wound up falling by the wayside because every month it seemed to go out of date and it was difficult difficult lemon difficult keeping it updated. I started this in the heyday of DVD releases and it seemed like everything was getting released in great special editions, with even more incredible announcements every month from WB, fox, criterion, even if all the extras were not porting over (like the criterion commentary for bad day at black rock). now that dvd is dying off, I sort of feel like it would be easier to compile such a list, but the idea is quite daunting.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Its funny most people are talking about movies ,there most be hundreds of Music titles which haven't come out

on dvd,mostly from Japan,and I think because of music rights and other reasons they will never come out even

in Japan on dvd,

Just look at the few Music Blue Ray titles ,where they been filming(video taping really) in HD for years,

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Perusing this thread has brought back some fond memories of titles experienced only on LD and in some cases their eventual release on DVD. Now we get to do it all over again with Blu-ray.

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I can't speak for Mike, but...

No forced previews...

No anti-piracy ads (I'm talking about you Fox)...

No menus that give away film plot points...

It was nice to have playback begin with the film, it feels more cinematic.

Or course with all of the junk you have to set through before a film at the theater these days maybe it isn't as pure.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks