What's new
World Wide Stereo

Emotiva UMC-1 AV Pre Amp comming next month (1 Viewer)

728x90

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I have one on pre-order
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Essentially, I have a very good Rotel RSX 1058 that is simply missing HD codecs and HDMI inputs. I don't want to get rid of it and the UMC-1 gives me the processing I need without having to purchase amplification at a very good price.

Will post a review once it comes in...

JB

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What I do what to know is this: There are 5 HDMI inputs (labelled IN1, IN2, IN3, IN4, IN5), and 3 Component video inputs (labelled IN1, IN2, IN3).

If I connect the HDMI IN1 input, and the component IN1 input, is there any conflict, or is there a way to select the HDMI IN1 input or the Component IN1 input as the source, or does HDMI override component if active? I guess I'm asking if I can truly connect 5 HDMI sources and 3 component video sources to this pre/pro, or am I limited to 5 input sources (combos ranging from 5 HDMI and 0 component, to 2 HDMI and 3 component).

(Update: I got an email reply from Emotiva, and they said all 5 HDMI and 3 Component Video inputs were selectable via OSD( on-screen display), so that's good news, and the UMC-1 has emerged as a contender for my next pre-pro choice.)

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John

Thanks from the update. You had me concerned as I had assumed I'd have 8 total video inputs but then I read that the LMC-1 operated as you described above in that the 3 component inputs would take up 3 of the hdmi inputs... Glad to see the UMC-1 has greater flexibility (though I only have 4 inputs, good to know I can get a couple of extra game systems :D )

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody know if this has a "direct mode" for 2 channel music listening?
Meaning a tone control defeat, and bypass digital processing when listening to an analog 2 channel source.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks