Emotiva UMC-1 AV Pre Amp comming next month

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dean L, May 10, 2009.

1. Dean L

Dean L Stunt Coordinator

2. John Brill

John Brill Supporting Actor

I have one on pre-order [​IMG]

Essentially, I have a very good Rotel RSX 1058 that is simply missing HD codecs and HDMI inputs. I don't want to get rid of it and the UMC-1 gives me the processing I need without having to purchase amplification at a very good price.

Will post a review once it comes in...

JB

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

What I do what to know is this: There are 5 HDMI inputs (labelled IN1, IN2, IN3, IN4, IN5), and 3 Component video inputs (labelled IN1, IN2, IN3).

If I connect the HDMI IN1 input, and the component IN1 input, is there any conflict, or is there a way to select the HDMI IN1 input or the Component IN1 input as the source, or does HDMI override component if active? I guess I'm asking if I can truly connect 5 HDMI sources and 3 component video sources to this pre/pro, or am I limited to 5 input sources (combos ranging from 5 HDMI and 0 component, to 2 HDMI and 3 component).

(Update: I got an email reply from Emotiva, and they said all 5 HDMI and 3 Component Video inputs were selectable via OSD( on-screen display), so that's good news, and the UMC-1 has emerged as a contender for my next pre-pro choice.)

4. John Brill

John Brill Supporting Actor

Thanks from the update. You had me concerned as I had assumed I'd have 8 total video inputs but then I read that the LMC-1 operated as you described above in that the 3 component inputs would take up 3 of the hdmi inputs... Glad to see the UMC-1 has greater flexibility (though I only have 4 inputs, good to know I can get a couple of extra game systems [​IMG] )

5. Dean L

Dean L Stunt Coordinator

Anybody know if this has a "direct mode" for 2 channel music listening?
    Meaning a tone control defeat, and bypass digital processing when listening to an analog 2 channel source.

6. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

I hope it comes out. It was supposed to be out at this time last year.

7. Dean L

Dean L Stunt Coordinator

heard it has now shipped. anybody get one?