What's new

DVI to HDMI (1 Viewer)

jblfx

Grip
Real Name
Luis
Hi, I have a Sharp XR-10S projector hooked up to an HD cable box. Right now I'm using S-video and digital optical connections from the cable box to a Sony STR-DG800 receiver then to the projector by S-video.

The cable box has DVI out and the receiver has HDMI in (for cable boxes). If I get a DVI to HDMI cable, will this work? And will the image and sound be better? From receiver to projector I only have S-video and yellow video coaxial plugs available.

Thank you.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The picture will be better. The sound won't be affected, because DVI does not carry audio information, only video. Even connected to an HDMI input it can't pass data that it isn't carrying in the first place. You'll still need the digital audio to go from the cable box to the reciever.

Regards,

Joe

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
My cable box has DVI out and not HDMI. I use a DVI to HDMI cable to go from the cable box to the TV and use an optical cable to go from the cable box to my receiver. It works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks