What's new

DVD Scratch Remover? (1 Viewer)

Pete Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have experience and recommendations for a product that removes scratches from DVDs? Just for the backstory, my own DVDs are in pristine shape but I am very frustrated with the discs I receive from Netflix. A quarter of my rentals skip or freeze. Netflix's return-and-resend policy takes too long so I would like to solve the problem without having to wait for another copy of the movie. I see a lot of scratch removal products out there and would like some feedback on ones that seem to work well. Any suggestions?

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator
You could try DVD Disc Doctor. It sells for $30.00 for the manual model and $50.00 for the powered version. I have a Denon 3800 which is known to skip on discs which are not pristine. I used the disc dr. and now my dvd of Blade II won't even load. Not sure if it affects all players this way, but I think this is the only product that will get rid of scratches. Not for deep gouges though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks