What's new

DVD Planet (1 Viewer)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I just wanted to share some of my recent experiences with dvdplanet.com and to see if others have had similar experiences.

To start off, I would like to state that I have been using DVDPlanet for a couple of years now, and I have not had any problems up until now. The first problem I had with them was when I preordered the Three Colors trilogy. I checked the website, and noticed that it had not even shipped on release day, which is when I normally expect to receive the item. They allowed me to cancel the order even though the item was in the warehouse.

I decided to give them another chance, so I preordered Adaptation, Barton Fink, and Miller's Crossing. These all arrived on release day.

Then there is my latest problem, Buffy Season 4. I preordered this thing about 1.5 months ago. I noticed this morning (6/10, release day) that it had yet to ship. I tried calling customer service once they opened (7 am Pacific time), and the phone system kept terminating my call or telling me I was entering invalid choices. I tried again a half hour later and was put on hold for 10 minutes.

When I finally got through, the representative told me that my order had not been shipped because "it had not been transferred to the new system" or some crap like that. I cancelled my order and vowed never to order from DVDPlanet again.

So am I the only one who has had these kinkds of problems with DVDPlanet?

J

John Ford

No, you are not the only one. I am also having problems. But I will say that the customer service rep I talked too was very helpful. She said that the company is switching over to a new software system and the transfer is causing a slowdown on everything. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it all plays out.
johnf

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I have noticed there is something wrong with their phone system. I've tried calling numerous times over the past two days. I get the message that all customer service reps are busy, please hold, and then nothing. I've tried staying on as long as 20 minutes, but nothing. :frowning:

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
So, I'm not the only one having problems with DVDPlanet. I have never had any problems for the last 2-3 years that I have been ordering DVDs from them. Their site is not as user-friendly as DVDPlanet (not allowing you to cancel or combine orders), but their prices have always been good (especially on Criterions).

For the last month or so my preordered DVDs have been arriving late and showing up in multiple shipments although their site indicates that all titles are in stock. The Warner 2-disk SE's that came out this past Tuesday haven't shipped yet. I sent a mail to customer service and never got a response.

I'm gonna switch to DVDEmpire until DVDPlanet gets their act together (I usually avoid DVDEmpire because I am in PA and have to pay tax on the DVDs).

J

John Ford

I recently sent DVD Planet an email about the problems I have been having and here is their reply:

Thank you for your email. We at DVDPLANET sincerely apologize for the delay in answering your email. During this past weekend we underwent an upgrade to our ordering system and software. The down-time created a back-log on all orders and pre-orders that were to be processed. Currently we are working overtime to get all of our customer's orders processed. We will ship your order as soon as possible. Should you encounter any billing discrepancies due to this change, please give us a call and we will be more than happy to rectify the situation. We understand that the delay on your order is frustrating to you, but be assured that we are working to get things
back to running as smoothly as possible.
I am well aware of the headaches that can occur with a computer system upgrade so I am inclined to cut them some slack.
johnf

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I got in touch with someone there who assured me that things should be back to normal very soon, with an upgraded system that will allow us a lot more control of our shipping options and faster service. It think it will be well worth the problems that are currently being ironed out, and we should just be a little patient.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
To be fair, they did answer my e-mails last night and are helping to correct the situation.

I am sure things will work out. In the meantime, I will continue to visit their retail location when in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks