1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Def. Tech's vs. Paradigms?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Christopher M, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Christopher M

Christopher M Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have any reviews comparing any Definitive Technologies speakers with Paradigms? I'm trying to get an idea of the BP8's Vs. the Monitor Series.

Murdock

2. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

I think if you mostly are going to use these for movies then I would pick the Def Techs. I have never listened to Paradigms but a they get good reviews. I have a pair of Def Techs with the built-in subs and feel for movies nothing beats them but I dont listen to much music at all. If music is your thing I would audition the Paradims first and then compare them to the Def Techs. If you can find a place that carrys both try to do a side by side comparison.

3. Christopher M

Christopher M Stunt Coordinator

No one around here carries both. Paradigms are only available at one store within about 200 miles.

On another note, I do watch mostly Movies, but want them to be music Capable as well. I'll be mating them up with a SVS PB2-Plus so, I'll be getting the Def Techs with the unpowered subs if I do that.

Murdock

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I love DefTechs for movies, but Paradigm are also outstanding speakers.

Here is my advice:

- Look at how you can place speakers in your room. The DefTechs will shine if you can pull them into the room about ... 3 feet. This allows the bipolar nature of the speakers to work it's magic. If you can tollerate this placement, go for the DefTechs.

- If you have to position your speakers 1-2 feet from a rear wall, give the Paradigm speakers the nod. They wont be 'crippled' as much by this placement.

You have a "Coke vs Pepsi" decision with these two. I will perfer one, someone else will perfer the other and both of us will be right. It's a matter of taste and we cannot tell you which will taste better to you.

5. Heath_E

Heath_E Stunt Coordinator