What's new

DeepDiscount 20% (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I'm really ticked off.

I was going to order the other day.

I had my Royal Rumble Anthology box set in my cart and went to order and they said I could'nt buy it. I emailed and they said it was not available but to buy it from them when it was.

I'm ticked/pissed.

I want to spend my $120+ at their store.

I'm almost giving up completely. What can I do? Are they good at honoring sale prices? Complain to customer service?

ry

Seppo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Seppo
Has the sale ended already? When I enter a different code, the page loads and nothing happens to the price.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Most of my order (8 of 9 items) shipped on Monday and hasn't arrived yet. What's the point of free shipping if it takes forever? I blame the idiotic Postal Service and not DD, of course. IMO, nothing should ever take more than 5 days to arrive when shipped within the continental US. If it doesn't come in the mail today, I'm definitely not going for free shipping anymore. Piss on it. Why the hell don't they offer UPS 3-day? It's affordable (unlike second day/overnight) and it's fast.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper
Most of my order (8 of 9 items) shipped on Monday and hasn't arrived yet. What's the point of free shipping if it takes forever? I blame the idiotic Postal Service and not DD, of course. IMO, nothing should ever take more than 5 days to arrive when shipped within the continental US. If it doesn't come in the mail today, I'm definitely not going for free shipping anymore. Piss on it. Why the hell don't they offer UPS 3-day? It's affordable (unlike second day/overnight) and it's fast.

Deep Discount's free shipping is via USPS Media Mail - it's cheap, but it's as slow as it gets. Deep Discount's Shipping Information contains delivery times for Standard (Free) Shipping:On average, Standard Delivery takes 5 to 10 business days for delivery. But may take as many as 15 business days.

The USPS delivery guidelines for Media Mail also notes delivery speed:ShapeSpeedCost

70 lbs or less

2-9 days
(excluding Alaska
and Hawaii)

$ based on weight
Media Mail is used for books, film, manuscripts, printed music, printed test materials, sound recordings, play scripts, printed educational charts, loose-leaf pages and binders consisting of medical information, videotapes, and computer-recorded media like CDs and diskettes. Media Mail cannot contain advertising.
The maximum size is 108 inches in combined length and distance around the thickest part.
Mark each package "Media Mail" in the postage area.

Deep Discount offers 3 additional service levels for delivery - Expedited ($5.95), 2nd Day Air ($9.95), Next Day Air ($16.95). The Expedited Delivery is probably the service you are looking for ("Why the hell don't they offer UPS 3-day?"):Expedited Delivery - $5.95

Includes the following: 2-5 business days via USPS Priority Mail, First Class mail, UPS Ground or comparable service for $5.95. Expedited service will apply only to the first shipment of in stock- items; subsequent backorder or pre-order shipments will be sent via Standard Delivery.
Here's a link to Deep Discount's complete shipping policies:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/helppopu..._shipping_info

For me, when I place on order through Deep Discount, I accept the trade-off that I'm saving money (especially during the twice a year 20% sale) in exchange for a longer delivery time / wait versus other etailers.

I ordered the The Complete Calvin And Hobbes on June 4th and I haven't received it yet. I'll be more than patient on this set because Deep Discount shipped it for free - and this set weighs approximately 22 lbs!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The fact that it's FREE shipping should be a big red flag that you should expect it to take forever. If you need it now, don't select free shipping. I'm with Jeff, I'll gladly wait a few extra days if they're willing to ship for free. I'm in no hurry.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Free shipping on DeepDiscount is sent Media Mail. On your confirmation email from DeepDiscount is states it takes 5 to 10 business days and gives you estimate dates. This has been only 4 business days so it is not even in the perimeter set by DeepDiscount. How is this the USPS fault?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That doesn't seem right. The email I was sent said the sale was valid from 6/1 - 6/16/07. Isn't today just the 16th? Seems like the sale should still be on until 11:59 pm tonight.

I was going to place an order of about $150 today. Oh well, DD's loss.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk

USPS delivers on Saturdays, making this 5 days. (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday).

Of course, Amazon.com's free shipping is more of a rip off, because it's not about USPS. They appear to ship standard either way. The problem there is even though the item is advertised as "ships in 24 hours" it can take up to a week to actually be shipped under their "super saver" garbage policy. Either way, it sucks. Spend $25 they'll ship it for free, but they expect you to wait an extra 4 or 5 days for them to get off their asses and ship it. I think not. If I was going to do any amount of frequent shopping, I'd get Amazon Prime.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

I was going to do the same thing. Wait til the last minute, you know payday is still a week away. Anyway, i had read the 16th too. I also read midnight, Friday night is when it ends. Guess it was midnight, cause when i entered the code (codes) each one said this code has expired. OK, guess we have November.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I was just able to place an order using the DVDTALK code. Someone at DVDTalk said they called DD's customer service and was told there was a glitch in the system, not allowing people to use the coupons. But it looks like it's working now. That person also said the rep told them the sale ends tomorrow (Sunday) night. So you have almost 36 more hours to spend!

As for the free shipping, I've been using DD for years and shipping times can vary. I had my first order that I placed on the first Friday night of the sale that came in about 5-6 days. But my order that shipped last Wednesday is still MIA. It varies (usually averaging about a week), but for the price I can wait a few days. Although their shipping has seemd to be quicker lately than in the past.

And for my fourth (and final?) order:
League of Their Own SE, Philadelphia SE and Animaniacs Vol. 1-2 - all for $70.14 after discount.

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas

I've had no problems with Amazons Super Saver shipping (which I LOVE), in fact the few times I ordered without $25 so i couldnt use it, it didnt come any faster. For pre-ordered stuff, ive had the free shipping arrive on or just after the release date, it all depends on if they have the item in stock or which wherehouse it gets shipped from, when it comes from the NV warehouse, it comes very fast, when it comes from KY, its a bit longer as expected.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
I love these sales at DDD! Before things ended, I added 4 HD DVDs to my purchase:

Casablanca
Excalibur
The Game
The Road Warrior

All for $71 on sale. It's a beautiful thing...

Ed Faver

Second Unit
ScottJ-

I find DDD's shipping to the NY/NJ area to be quicker than the time frame they give in there e-mails shipping notices. For me, they consistently underpromise and overdeliver. However, I have a friend who lives closer to the Jersey Shore who has complained frequently because of a shipping delay on his DDD order. He tells me he continues to use they because of price & title availability.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Spend $25 they'll ship it for free, but they expect you to wait an extra 4 or 5 days for them to get off their asses and ship it.

That hasn't been my experience with amazon's free shipping- most of the time they ship within 24-48 hours. Almost every order I've placed with amazon arrived way before their estimate, which I assume is intentionally stated as later than they expect, so the customer is pleasantly surprised when the package arrives sooner.

Considering it's made clear that the free shipping takes longer, I'm not sure why anyone's complaining. You have the choice of having most items delivered the next day if you want to pay more. Or of buying from a local store if you are really in a hurry.

Also, knowing what it costs them to ship stuff and how thin their margins are (at least on the stuff I order), I really can't complain.

Most of the DDD orders I've placed arrived within a week except when the items were listed as backordered.

It's only in the Internet age that people expect their packages to be beamed to them immediately. In the old mail order days, when you mailed in or phoned in your order, it was common to wait 3-6 weeks for the package. If something arrived within a week of ordering it we would have been dancing in the streets.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Well, it worked for me. Sort of.

I hit "complete checkout" and then a prompt in red text came up and said "sorry! you must have items in your shopping cart...." I got worried.

So, the code "bargainflix" worked for me.

Here's what I ordered:

CD - (not discounted)The Wanderer
$8.97

CD - (not discounted)Souls Aflame
$9.97

CD - (not discounted)Any Time Now
$14.97

CD - (not discounted)In Between Now And Then
$11.97

CD - (not discounted)Risen
$9.97

WWE - Wrestlemania 23 - 3 disc
$24.88

Office Collection
$30.38

King of the Hill - Season 6
$22.11

American Splendor
$7.40

WWE - Great Families of Wrestling
$20.07

WWE - Armageddon 2006
$16.72

Charly
$9.65

Kundun
$6.41

Unknown
$10.39

Henry Rollins Show - Season 1
$18.75

Color of Money
$6.41

Greg the Bunny
$14.74

Beavis and Butt-Head - The Mike Judge Collection: Vol. 2
$21.05

Dinosaurs - The Complete Third and Fourth Seasons
$30.76

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
2 orders from the sale.

1. Welcome Back Kotter Season 1.
2. Pride FC 2000 Grand Prix

Very happy when I saw that DDD actually carried the Pride GP as I'd only seen it on the Sherdog.com store for $44. Yeah $21.96 is an ok price for me for a legendary show or actually series of shows.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, this is bizarre since I placed an order on Sunday the 17th and put in "SUPERSALE" and the coupon took. Or at least the prices on the email confirming the order are 20% lower than the ones posted on the webpage. I don't know how it happened but I'm hoping that I get to keep it :D.

As for the shipping, I pay for the expediated service. I used the free delivery for several orders and when one got lost (changed my address when I ordered but something went wonky and the Post Office didn't forward it), I swore that I was saving enough money with the discounts that I could drop a few bucks for the shipping. I can go on-line and keep track of where the shipment is. Unfortunately, when you have a backorder that is finally shipped, it is shipped Media Mail and travels via Grand Canyon burro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks