What's new

DeepDiscount 20% (1 Viewer)

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator

Last November, I was standing in the checkout line at the local grocery store and was paging through some of the propaganda mags (at least that's what I call them) and saw an ad for the sale in InTouch. I tried the code and it took. Of course, I already knew some of the codes from the HTF posting but it was a different from the ones listed. I don't know if it is any good this year since I haven't had a chance to stand in line at the grocery store. :D

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Propiganda Mags? I call them "The Hot Sheets" ("Best Investigative Reporting on the Planet" - Tommy Lee Jones MIB ) :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:D Almost...but I caught that mistake at the last minute.

Okay...so here's the entirety of that mysterious, screwed-up order:

Trip to Bountiful $9.65 $7.72

Streetcar Named Desire $19.21 $15.37

Lost Weekend $9.49 $7.59

St. Louis Cardinals Vintage World Series Films 1960's $12.05 $9.64

The black price was what I was originally charged. The total came to $50.40. The red price is my calculations of a 20% deduction. That totals $40.32...which makes sense since I have been refunded $10.08! :D

I wish I had known that a nice release on the 1967 "Impossible Dream" Red Sox team is scheduled for next week. I might have held off on the 1960's Cardinals disc. Oh well. You can't have enough baseball...and Bob Gibson! :D

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I was going to pass in favor of the fall sale but my wife jumped on it

Where do you find a wife like that?

I thought a wife's job in this situation was to shout, "You spent HOW MUCH on DVDs??!!??" and deny sex.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
bought 9 DVDs. My main targets were shit like Con Air (Extended) and Dune (Extended), which never seem to see price reduction. I'm annoyed DDD doesn't list the Dirty Harry movies boxed or otherwise. I've seen them at CC recently, so why doesn't DDD have them? I doubt the transfers were that great anyway, and I'm not paying $15+ a pop for those goddamn snapcase releases. Hopefully an HD-DVD release is coming. :frowning:

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
My order from the first day of the sale, recieved yesterday.

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 ANE076019 DVD : UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME FI $ 43.46 In-stock
1 ANE077107 DVD : CHICAGO CUBS LEGENDS-GREAT $ 38.29 In-stock
1 WBD012346 DVD : NBA CHICAGO BULLS 1991 CHAM $ 25.39 In-stock
1 WBD034325 DVD : NBA DYNASTY-CHICAGO BULLS 1 $ 25.39 In-stock
1 WBD081213 DVD : HISTORY OF NOTRE DAME FOOTB $ 10.84 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 143.37
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 143.37

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I think I'm going to get Seasons 1 & 2 of F-Troop and Season 3 of Walker, Texas Ranger :D

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
On Saturday I recieved my "Stargate SG-1" DVD set (thin version thankfully!) from DD. $27 & no shipping -- I love it! I just ordered another boxed set of "Stargate SG-1" and should be getting it by next Saturday. I'm debating whether to get one more even though I shouldn't. But who can resist 20% off with free shipping? :D

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well, I was going to pick up the King Kong Vs. Godzilla/King Kong Escapes DVD set from DD but they have it listed as "Discontinued". WTF? I paniced, scanned ebay and bought the cheapest new/unopened listing they had for it. After doing a bit more level-headed searching it seems there are copies of this available for purchase all over the net. But not at DD.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I placed a third order last week for:

DVD : OFFICE-COMPLETE COLLECTION, $ 24.46

I may place one more order before it ends.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just tried to place a second order.

Was going to order the Impossible to Forget (1967 Boston Red Sox) title...but it wouldn't let me apply to code...calling it a pre-order (even though today is release day and it says 6-12-07 for the title's release in the shopping cart).

Oh well...I'll try again tomorrow.

The good news is...I found the place to enter the promotional code! :D Although admittedly I missed it again the first time through to the check-out!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
You, uhm, involuntarily ordered another heap of goodies?

And now you need to order once more so you'll finally be able to use that promotional code?

Yeah, that sucks.

Cees

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher

Same here. I tried to order Deadwood Season Three and Rat Patrol Season Two today, but DDD still has them listed as pre-orders. I'll try again later and if that doesn't work I'll order them tomorrow. I didn't have this problem last Tuesday -- the 6/5 releases were all listed as "in stock" on 6/5 and my order placed on 6/5 arrived today.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I know - I've been waiting patiently all week to order some Nancy Drew...oh well, hopefully tomorrow.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

I got very lucky, she likes movies as much as I do and dislikes going to movie theaters more than me (except Imax). She's been waiting for this sale since she saw how well I did on the last one. In fact, she shares my love of music, Belgian ales and other beers, doesn't complain about my cigars (smoked on the deck outside) and is really getting caught up in building our home theater. Still balking a bit at the subs I want, but when I catch the gleam in her eyes during a good action sequence, I know it won't be long. Think I'll keep her. :D

Our order placed on the 5th arrived today, back to the usual one week free shipping! Time for another expansion to the Boltz rack!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks