What's new

Dead Like Me S2 (ongoing thread) (1 Viewer)

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator

Apparently he's had the same identity for 80+ years. The clerk couldn't have known he'ld just made somebody, but that still seems to defeat the purpose of an alternate identity...

Cory B

Grip
It seems like they've pretty much dropped the idea of alternate identities. Have they even shown Millie yet this season? In the meantime, I'll just choose to believe that the alternate identity is only perceived by people that have met the deceased before.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

I don't think so, but George is still addressed as "Millie" when she's at Happy Time.

The only time they really need to show "Millie" is when George is dealing with people she knew in life. Since she stopped visiting her family, that hasn't happened.

M.

Cory B

Grip
Well, to be fair she did know Delores when she was still alive... The biggest suspension of disbelief comes from all of the living finding Millie to be beautiful based on the Millie identity, but then again, maybe she cleans up good... :)

Along the same lines, I may be misremembering, but didn't the clerk make some remark about the guy in the wanted poster looking like Rube?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So I guess since everyone, or almost everyone, who would have ever met Rube when he was alive, is now dead, he can appear just as himself, no alternate look.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Yep, that's as I took it too.. we also covered in the first season that the better you do your job, the better you "look" whereas the worse you do the job, the worse your appearance gets.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Well, Daisy witnesses a woman getting abused one week, next week she's fallen for an abuser. Shows how things go that Mason actually vindicated himself somewhat in this episode and stood up for her.

Introducing the neighborhood Goth ;) Made me laugh that Reggie now has a friend who's deep into the Goth bit. When she did the "how I want to die" she absolutely stuck the dagger in on her mom, though.. I think all along I've felt fairly sympathetic to Reggie and that the mother figure was somewhat of a bitch, but that was just cruel.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Well, just to keep the thread going.. WOW. First, I noticed the shift in Aspect ration, which caught my eye, this week instead of being 16:9, it was about 2.1/2.35:1 something like that.

Anyway, the episode had quite a few "shockers" for the series, especially in the last few minutes..

As Mason kills someone in cold blood, finding out that his soul didn't go on to a "nice" place but instead became a graveling. In one of the creepier scenes in the series

Which led to a whole lot of change of ideas for the series. It's good to see they intend to follow up on it in future episodes.

We're getting further along on Rube as he searches for those who remain from his past life.

This show continues to impress me with the direction it's taking ;)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein

I'm not sure I agree with that. IMHO, he did what he had to, to protect a friend.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I didn't like what happened in this episode...he totally went overboard! I'm very disappointed.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Any way you feel about Mason's actions, I think it is safe to say the series just got a lot more interesting. I'm glad to see Joy going to Happy Time, too, just so the stories can intersect again.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I really liked the episode! So much happening and the possible future development with Joy's visit to Happy Time, Rube's search and the actions Mason took with Ray are very, very promising. Also the scenes at the hospital with Nina and George were quite beautiful although the theatre act went a bit overboard, I think.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I really liked the episode too. Not only did it build on Mason and Daisy's stories, it built on the "mythology" of the series. I really liked seeing Yeardly "Lisa Simpson" Smith as the Natural Causes Reaper/Permanent Care Nurse. It was much more of a George show than a Joy and Reggie show, it balanced out last week's wierdness. And can I say how much I've enjoyed Eric McCormack's turn on this show? In just a couple of episodes he's done a better job than the entirety of "Will and Grace". He was so deliciously...rotten that I couldn't help but admire him.

I certainly don't think Mason overreacted. He saw evidence that Ray was at the least abusive, and possibly violent to the point of murder. Once he threw Daisy against the wall by her neck and told her that he's the one that "controls when it ends", whatever Mason or Daisy did to him was fair game. Maybe not self-defense, but I wouldn't call it "in cold blood".

It was cool to see the origins of Gravelings, since I guess coming from violent deaths they enjoy causing accidents. I wonder if they remember how they got there...

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I also really enjoyed this episodes. I thought it was one of the better ones, so far. It was really neat seeing Ray turn into a graveling.

I agree. He did a great job. I totally hated his character. It was a total departure from his Will character.

IvanT

Agent
Have to say that I also though this is the best episode yet, hopefully it will have real consequences and we will not experience the pressing of a dreaded reset button next week. Mason/Daisy dynamic was for me always a favorite part of the show, but even the stuff with George's family seems to have become a lot more interesting in the last few episodes.

A couple of other things...
  1. Cannot believe that nobody has so far mentioned the quality of musical score on this show, I find it absolutely amazing. It is totally original and fits the show's darkly comic/serious mood extremely well.
  2. Also, this seems to be one of the few things that I watch that actually makes me 'lean forward'. When I watch other things that I like they usually don't have 100% of my attention. Watching DLM I actually find myself sort of leaning forward towards the screen and paying complete attention to the extent of totally tuning out the surroundings. Not sure if I'm succeeding in what I'm trying to say, but this show is so far ahead of other stuff on TV that it's not even funny.[/list=1]
    Also... this episode was co-written by John Masius, who is the show's producer and, I believe, man actually in charge of running it so it could mean that we won't get a reset button situation and that they have indeed decided to shake things up a bit.

I

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
One of the first things I noticed is that Stewart Copeland (from the Police) did the theme song. For the first season, at least, he also seemed to be the sole composer, but I noticed another name in the credits last night (Emilio Kauderer?). The soundtrack is very subtle, but it does heighten both tension and comedy at the right points.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Great show, I'm loving it. I could hardly recognize Piper Laurie, boy she put on a lot of weight since Carrie.

The previews they said "only 3 more episodes left". I hope they meant for this season and not for the entire series. Anyone hear anything about a 3rd season?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks