What's new

Dead Like Me S2 (ongoing thread) (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
OK, so now that it's officially aired, it's fair game.

I realy enjoyed this episode and like the direction the show is taking. Millie is growing into her role as a reaper, and we've pretty much settled down to the cast.

I consider this to be a great counterpunch to "Six Feet Under", but I really enjoy the writing style that the show puts out.

I still thought, all along, that

She should have went for it, with regards to "trainee"

But that's me. I think the fact that she didn't may show she respects/listens to the boss far more then she did in S1.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Or that being "inexperienced" and then getting killed will affect George's romantic entanglements.

I thought Mason's subplot was pretty entertaining (clowns always give way to bizarre, uncomfortable happenings), and perhaps will precipitate a return to apathetic Mason after almost turning a corner back to respectability.

Roxie will be a tough cookie, but how will being a cop really affect her reaper duties?

Not quite sure about where Daisy's headed for this season (will need to review the episode to refresh my memory).

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Was it wide screen last year?

I thought this was a good start for the new season and am looking forward to the rest of the episodes. This episode seemed much more styilized than I remember season one being.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think the other insight we may get is into Rube's life.. it's clear now that he had a daughter.. somewhere.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I saw it early in a Showtime screening through a promotional management company I work with. I had to virtually beg to get a copy, since they only promote movies, but we managed to get one to see.

Turns out, a day before the damn thing airs, someone tells me that it had been traded all over the internet in MPEG form and everything else.

I'm glad I watched it the way I did, on a nice screen and again in HiDef. Much better then watching some file I'd spend a day and a half trying to download :)

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I loved the Hill Street Blues gag. Excellent. This was a very good start to the second season. The situation with George's parents is written very well - Cynthia Stevenson really shines.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
The first five episodes have been available for download for about a week now - they sent a DVD with the first five episodes to critics and of course it ended up on the internet within days.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Great start! I'm also really hoping they go into Rube's background this year.

She does a great job, but her character really gets on my nerves.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Her character is basically made out as a very self-centered character from early on in the marriage.. before George's death.. so it makes you wonder what he ever saw in her.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Episode 3, "Ghost Story": Great stuff! I'm glad that haven't tried to take the edge off of George's sister. But what's the deal with Mason's post-it? Was he predestined to lose it?

M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Am I the only one still watching? Episode 4, "The Shallow End", was the best so far this season. A perfect balance of all the characters, with a strong George story at the center.

M.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'm still watching, love this show. Probably won't see Ep. 4 until tomorrow night, though. I'm 2 days behind because I tape on Monday & watch on Tuesday. (Sunday night tied up taping Six Feet Under).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks