What's new

Crimson Tide and Enemy of the State SEs due 5/4 (but POSTPONED) (1 Viewer)

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter

Don't know, never bought the R1 disc. I was already not buying non-anamorphic releases at that time. I could post a screen cap somewhere is someone has a scene in mind.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Mark: Well then on a non-comparative basis, what's your opinion of the R3 Enemy p.q.?

And as far as posting goes, how 'bout the I think second exterior shot of the Silverberg & Blake offices at 44:00 (right after Dean rows and before he gets summoned into the conference room--"I'm suing their right wing asses into Chapter 11!"). Random observation to help in determining if the R3 uses the same print as the R1: Is there still print dirt visible in the small patch of sky at the top left-hand corner of the screen in this brief shot?

Magnus: Thx for the clarification on old versus newer R2 and the synch problem.

-p

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Paul.S, it's been a long time since I've watched it. I'll throw it up on the PJ this week and give it a good look.

Is this the shot?

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Yeah, Mark that works--or anything else (maybe brighter?) that you like. Although it's trippy that there was some blue sky in the upper left-hand corner of this shot when I looked at it on a friend's 34" CRT. Maybe I'm having a moment.

Anyhow, Magnus if you don't mind posting the same shot from the R2 re-release as Mark posts from the R3 that would be terrif.

-p

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Mark:

Any p.q. comments on the R3 Enemy after having perhaps spun it?

Also, how concerned does a PAL novice need to be about the speed variance when buying his first R3 disc . . .?

-p

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Maybe this is news and maybe this isn't... but my distributor has a pre-order availible on a

Crimson Tide: Extended Edition

This unrated DVD comes out on March 14th.

Happy birthday to those fans who've been waiting!

EDIT: At retail $19.95, this probably isn't a fully-loaded SE. Probably.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Yup. I'm at the distributor's (VPD Inc.'s) website, ordering stuff as far ahead as mid-March, although not everything has been announced for pre-order, yet. I just get really excited doing the ordering and get way, waaay ahead of myself. :D

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
What's the release date on Domino? I wish Domino would get a recut personally, perhaps this is a sign that some of his movies will.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Don't see a date for that one, yet, Chad, but it should be announced soon. However, it looks like March-April would be a fair guess.

As for a recut... I'm sure we'll have one come Christmas 2006 ;). I remember hearing that Tony Scott screened the film in nearly half a dozen different forms, each quite different, and he finally settled on the version that scored the best with test audiences. He really is Ridley Scott's brother in that respect and it's a shame.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
ONly thing is with Tony's style of filming and editing. It has toe be tight edit for that type of fast paced cutting to work or else it just looks like something mashed together, which was the feelnig I got from Domino.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Yeah, but also 'just' in friggin' time for me to be concerned about whether this will be one of Di$ney's first Blu-rays released, say, six months after this standard def SE's possible release circa March.

Or maybe Di$ney now will delay a Crimson BD so as to give the standard def version some shelf time.

Charlie de Lauzirika: Are you working on this title?

Elijah: Does anything in that dealer "pre-order" material you're looking at mention an Enemy Of the State SE?

-p

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Paul,

I don't see anything about Enemy at this time, and the current release has not yet been placed on tell-tale moratorium yet. Usually the previous release goes out of print right before the announcement is made. For instance, the previous Lumet discs just went OOP. (Then again, so has Blade Runner...)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Hmmmmm. I think Universal has a stronger track record than Di$ney for putting (live action) titles on moratorium before a re-release. Does Di$ney typically do that . . .?

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks