What's new

Crimson Tide and Enemy of the State SEs due 5/4 (but POSTPONED) (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I have only seen EOTS which I will most likely purchase.

I have always wondered if Scott saw The Conversation with Gene Hackman as well ?

Any comments ?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Enemy of the State I dont care about but Crimson Tide I cant wait to see a S.E of.
Love the Hans Zimmer score too.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

A bit off topic, but I was just reading in the new issue of The Perfect Vision that HBOHD crops their films to 1.78:1 (even if their OAR is 2.35:1, etc.) so that there are no black bars when displayed on widescreen TVs. :thumbsdown:

Back to the topic at hand...

I was a sucker awhile back and bought the non-anamorphic version of EOTS because I really wanted to see it. Looks like I'll be double dipping to get the anamorphic upgrade. I'll go ahead and pick up CT as well as I've never seen it and have heard so many good things about it.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I threw my current version of Crimson Tide on EBay...looking forward to the new one.

chris*b

Stunt Coordinator
With my new HDTV the prospect of all the double dipping for anamorphic transfers coming my way horrifies me. It seems it may be worse than the VHS to DVD conversion.:frowning:

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
While I agree that it will be great to have a nice anamorphic transfer, does anyone else here think that those specs should be on any basic release these days?????

Seriously, after the wonderful LOTR EEs, those specs make me think "bare bones".

I guess we have just gotten spoiled with some stellar releases lately...........

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'm so pissed. I read about this in the "Enemy of the State delayed" thread.

Frickin' Buena Vista. They've made us wait years for this and now they are pushing it back even further! :angry:

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'm pissed off too! I really want both of these films with anamorphic transfers and DTS sound, but now they're both being pushed back indefinitely. Thanks a lot, Buena Vista. :angry:

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I hope BV doesn't pull a Ransom and decide to release these titles with supplements, only to forget that anamorphic widescreen is standard on most titles now!

CraigL

Screenwriter

That's what happened in some other regions.

I've got a sealed extra copy of the DTS SE if anyone's interested. lol ;)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Bump.

Of course, some herein know that there's another thread on this topic, but not yet mentioned herein is the suspicion that Tide and EOtS SEs will street sometime this fall circa the release of Tony Scott's Man On Fire on Sep. 14 and (finally!) the Top Gun SE on Nov. 16.

Random bits:

Nelson re your your post #10 about the DTS Tide LD: is there a production documentary on that disc?

John re your post #17:
Of course--he's quite the cinephile as evinced by every commentary I've heard him (and his brother for that matter) do. On the current EOtS disc, Jerry Bruckheimer describes the pic as 'The Fugitive meets The Conversation meets Three Days Of the Condor.' I'm sure Jerry and Tony (and Gene) discussed the pic in general and Gene's homage to his own Popeye Doyle in particular.

Finally, Sebastien, I don't know what that Sept. 7 release is at DVDSoon.com but it is not a new SE. The catalog number listed at that site for the Sept. 7 release they show is the same as the catalong number of the disc already on shelves.

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks