What's new

Could a show like "Twin Peaks' get airtime today? (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I've wondered this. TV is full of fairly formula programming. Some SciFi, but even that is geared more toward the action/adventure so that you get the action crowd.

I'm reminded of so many series that I would consider truly odd.. but Twin Peaks comes to mind. Could a series like Twin Peaks even get on the air today without being a procedural?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
On broadcast TV, absolutely not. Maybe a couple cable channels would go for it but that's it. The sad thing is that nearly all of the people who could even have an idea for a different show like Twin Peaks have all abandoned the networks for cable anyway. I think network TV drama is fairly terrible or bland and with more cable channels (and the inevitable internet TV channels) providing a less restrictive creative environment, the most talented people are never going to come back to the networks. There's still a few great network comedies though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks