What's new

Costco Blu-ray and dvd deals (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
The Lucy set is SD and the packaging is similar to the other reissued complete series sets CBS/P has done recently.

I also have seen the batman ltd edition BD set and complete SD sets of Friends, West Wing, Full House and maybe a couple others I can't remember.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Saw the bond set is coming there soon.
I'll be there on Saturday to look.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Visited my warehouse yesterday. Saw series sets for I Love Lucy, Friends, The Wire, The West Wing. Game of Thrones season sets. A big display of Christmas-themed blu rays.

Definitely not as many choices as in past years, unless they're still building up holiday inventory. Seems like my store has expanded clothing while downsizing home entertainment. I think clothing now takes up fully half of the middle aisles of the warehouse.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I was in store today. Many of the blu Ray Christmas titles are the familiar ones: elf, Christmas story, polar express. I was hoping for holiday inn and white Christmas. I ordered Christmas in Connecticut off amazon for $9.99.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yes, and the regular stuff is just what it has been, unchanging and dismal in selection. I thought by now they'd be bringing in some additional stuff.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448512824.464018.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448512837.625273.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448512845.914714.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448512853.267384.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448512861.935522.jpg

Some of this may have already been posted.

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
I can safely say that Criterion blu-rays are alive and well for $20 at my local Costco in Overland Park, KS. They had THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD, A NIGHT TO REMEMBER, THE RED SHOES, and the one I bought, THE LIFE AND DEATH OF COL BLIMP.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Not much to report.
No Criterion.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 78

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yeah, I wouldn't go barking about Criterions at Costco. They've already disappeared completely from the three stores in my area and those are older titles just on last gasp before being sent back. We'll have to wait for the Barnes/Noble sale to get those prices again, and also hope Barnes/Noble doesn't go under (my closest local store already closed).

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I walked through my Costco yesterday. The tiny BD/DVD section, even though sporting a few new releases, was as stale and uninspired as I've ever seen it. And the several BD selections that would be of any interest to me at all were priced HIGHER than on Amazon.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I walked through my Costco yesterday. The tiny BD/DVD section, even though sporting a few new releases, was as stale and uninspired as I've ever seen it. And the several BD selections that would be of any interest to me at all were priced HIGHER than on Amazon.

Sigh.

Let's continue to use this thread to alert each other of Costco inventory. I am really interested in seeing the return of the Criterion titles. Can't buy them otherwise, unless there is a flash sale from Criterion itself.

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
My Costco in Overland Park, KS has a pretty good spread of Blu-rays. In the Criterion section they had these excellent movies:
Grey Gardens
For All Mankind
Dont Look Back
A Poem is a Naked Person (the one I bought!)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I meant to respond a few days ago.

I saw many of these titles in my Costco as well. Just disappointed that "Bicycle Thieves" and "The Manchurian Candidate" were not among them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks