What's new

Costco Blu-ray and dvd deals (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Updating in this thread ...

No new Criterions as of today ...

Costco has a $3.00 Instant rebate (currently until 06/25) on new new (to you ;)) FOX bluray releases : The Martian Extended Edition & Eddie & The Eagle @ $19.99 net = $16.99 each

The BBC remake of the Hollow Crown (with B Cumberbatch and D J Dench) is $32.99 (?) on Bluray

Some old Hanna-Barbera sets are $12.99 on Digital Versatile Disc: The Complete Magilla Gorilla, Scooby-Doo & Dyno Mutt, The Yogi Bear Show & another one I already had as well ...

Slim pickings for the Greek Wedding sequel as I did not see any bluirays there for that movie

The ST blurays are still net of $14.99 for Abrams Compendium or II-III-IV ....

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Animaniacs are $15 each season.
The digibooks are $13

Saw Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke and The Wind Rises.
All $13

badf803fb393bbbd044d91e8eda39a86.jpg

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The digibooks are $13

All $13

I checked it out online ... all 50 cartoons are on ONE DVD :(

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I finally saw some of the Criterions that people have been mentioning lately at my local Sugar Land, TX Costco this weekend. They had Only Angels Have Wings, The Kid, In a Lonely Place, The Graduate, Nashville and maybe a couple others. I picked up Only Angels Have Wings.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Costco has Kung Fu Panda 3 for $14.99 fpr DVD and Digital or for $5.00 more you can have the Bluray added ...

No New Criterion

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am here in Canada for the next few days.

Based on all the 3D titles I found a year ago in Hamilton's local Costco, I had hoped to find the same this year.

Well, only ONE 3D title was in the bin: Zootopia

Still have to say, you won't find that in the United States.

There were absolutely no Criterion titles to be found anywhere among their fairly large selection of titles.

The store was packed and I must say, I had to do quite a bit of nudging to squeeze my way into the Blu-ray/DVD/Books aisle where many, many people were browsing.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Virtually nothing new in blurays this week at Costco (as of today) only two Universal Studio Ghiblis Only Yesterday & Boy and the World for $19.99 each.

Costco still has some Disney released Studio Ghibli titles on bluray (eg The Wind Rises) for $12.99.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bryan,

Going to Costco later this morning. If you are up and reading this....

Did they have any Criterions there even if a month or two old?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Bryan,

Going to Costco later this morning. If you are up and reading this....

Did they have any Criterions there even if a month or two old?
My Store had about Five copies of Only Angels Have Wings ...

I think they had at least one copy of all of the releases that are part of the current batch

Yes as of now they do. It's not a definite thing, but about six-to eight weeks before the non-sellers get shipped back. IF for some reason yours doesn't have any. First look to see it they are in the back of the display. If you can't locate them, you may be able to ask if they can do an inventory transfer and you may be able to pick it up later. I've never tried it but it might be worth a shot

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks, Bryan, I will let you know later today what I find and purchase there.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The digibooks are $13

All $13

I checked it out online ... all 50 cartoons are on ONE DVD :(

Who released this, Millcreek? -_-

That's too bad Beetle Bailey was issued in such a skint manner, as I might have went for it, otherwise!

What a shame! :(

OK, there's a few things associated with this release I'm attempting to wrap my head around, so please kindly bear with me:

- Was the previous 2007 BCI Complete Beetle Bailey Collection also released on a single DVD?

- How is it that the Madacy DVD issued last year, with a listed running time of 268 minutes (Way over the recommended 240 minute limit for double layered DVDs!), NOT garnered so much as ONE complaint about video quality compression issues in the 14 (To date!) Amazon.com reviews, which are ALL five stars? Also a bit puzzling to me, is the one Top 1000 Amazon Reviewer listing this as 5.08 Hours? Which running time is correct?

- That ANY Madacy release has managed to garner straight (Again, to date!) 5 star reviews on Amazon? My experience with this company has been very mixed (With none especially impressive!), to say the least!

- Are my apprehensions about this DVD completely unwarranted, or have the Amazon Reviewers missed something? I ask this question in all sincere seriousness!

Any thoughts, and observations regarding this Beetle Bailey DVD by Madacy? Is this really as great as the Amazon Reviews appear to indicate?:
https://www.amazon.com/Beetle-Baile...TM4?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&tag=tvshowsondvdcom

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
OK, there's a few things associated with this release I'm attempting to wrap my head around, so please kindly bear with me:

- Was the previous 2007 BCI Complete Beetle Bailey Collection also released on a single DVD?

- How is it that the Madacy DVD issued last year, with a listed running time of 268 minutes (Way over the recommended 240 minute limit for double layered DVDs!), NOT garnered so much as ONE complaint about video quality compression issues in the 14 (To date!) Amazon.com reviews, which are ALL five stars? Also a bit puzzling to me, is the one Top 1000 Amazon Reviewer listing this as 5.08 Hours? Which running time is correct?

- That ANY Madacy release has managed to garner straight (Again, to date!) 5 star reviews on Amazon? My experience with this company has been very mixed (With none especially impressive!), to say the least!

- Are my apprehensions about this DVD completely unwarranted, or have the Amazon Reviewers missed something? I ask this question in all sincere seriousness!

Any thoughts, and observations regarding this Beetle Bailey DVD by Madacy?

Per the below review http://animatedviews.com/2007/beetle-bailey-the-complete-collection/ of the BCI "This DVD set from BCI therefore contains all 50 of the Beetle Bailey shorts done for King Features Trilogy, which includes the five theatrical ones (Home Sweet Swampy, Hero’s Reward, Psychological Testing, Et Tu Otto, and A Tree Is A Tree Is A Tree?). Oddly, the theatricals appear only as the main parts of the final two of thirteen “episodes” in this two-disc set,"

I'm sure some of the people like some of the craptastic extras that come in the box
Here's a Five Star review from Amazon:

The 50 cartoons that run 5.08-hours ARE on ONE DVD---the more expensive, attractively boxed in a
magnet-snap case comes with a limited-edition BOOK, and, M=A=N=Y other collectibles!
This cheaper one doesn't.
Click the selections, above.
I chose the one with the book as I'm a military retiree, living abroad. I'll watch one cartoon, a week,
for a year, then, finish it up with the bonus material the last couple of weeks weeks. Oh boy!

Highly recommended... just call me "Sarge!"

Michael John McCluskey, Sergeant First Class
United States Navy, and U. S. Army, Retired.

the single disc did get this one review "
1.0 out of 5 starsOne Star
By Amazon Customer on July 1, 2016
No Subtitles (any language). No Closed Caption. DVD just plain tv cartoon only. no comic strips in disc.
"

The Costco version has all the tchochkes :D

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil

Any thoughts, and observations regarding this Beetle Bailey DVD by Madacy? Is this really as great as the Amazon Reviews appear to indicate?:
https://www.amazon.com/Beetle-Baile...TM4?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&tag=tvshowsondvdcom

The original Beetle Bailey Complete Set released several years back from BCI Eclipse/Brentwood, was released on 2 DVDs, but had none of the paper extras offered in the newer set. I had thought about "upgrading" to the new set until I saw it was condensed to 1 disc.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The original Beetle Bailey Complete Set released several years back from BCI Eclipse/Brentwood, was released on 2 DVDs, but had none of the paper extras offered in the newer set. I had thought about "upgrading" to the new set until I saw it was condensed to 1 disc.
What I find frustrating and perplexing is there are absolutely NO reviews that mention the visual quality of the single DVD release. That ALL of the Amazon Reviews give this disc 5 stars also would seem to indicate no noteworthy issues. One would think that SOMEBODY would have posted something to the effect of "Video quality mixed", or "Crappy Video" if there were any serious issues!

I loved viewing the Beetle Bailey cartoons when I was a kid in the '70s! While I have an older DVD that contains a number of them, I do find this DVD tempting, especially considering the 2 DVD Brentwood (Not exactly noted for HQ video themselves!) release is probably priced through the roof!

By the way, to add further confusion, Amazon Canada lists this as a Sony Pictures Home Entertainment DVD:
https://www.amazon.ca/Beetle-Bailey...&qid=1467828369&sr=8-2&keywords=beetle+bailey

CAF! :unsure:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
What I find frustrating and perplexing is there are absolutely NO reviews that mention the visual quality of the single DVD release. That ALL of the Amazon Reviews give this disc 5 stars also would seem to indicate no noteworthy issues. One would think that SOMEBODY would have posted something to the effect of "Video quality mixed", or "Crappy Video" if there were any serious issues!

I loved viewing the Beetle Bailey cartoons when I was a kid in the '70s! While I have an older DVD that contains a number of them, I do find this DVD tempting, especially considering the 2 DVD Brentwood (Not exactly noted for HQ video themselves!) release is probably priced through the roof!

By the way, to add further confusion, Amazon Canada lists this as a Sony Pictures Home Entertainment DVD:
https://www.amazon.ca/Beetle-Bailey...&qid=1467828369&sr=8-2&keywords=beetle+bailey

CAF! :unsure:
To quote a line from Patton: "Sir, Sir, Sir ..." IF you look at the picture on the selfsame site as you posted, the picture
91e652gNQTL._SL1500_.jpg
Clearly states this is an "RLJ" http://www.rljcompanies.com/phpages/companies/rlj-entertainment/release. If Sony is releasing RLJ to the Beaver Commonwealth then More power to them. :D

The does not come with the box and Tchochkes!!!

Once again our "neigbours" to the North are denied access to a all the amazing Tchockies afforded their southen bretheren! Tears shall be shed indead ... where is my Rhett Butler hanky ???

;)

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
To quote a line from Patton: "Sir, Sir, Sir ..." FI you look at the picture on the selfsame site as you posted, the picture
91e652gNQTL._SL1500_.jpg
Clearly states this is an "RLJ" http://www.rljcompanies.com/phpages/companies/rlj-entertainment/release. If Sony is releasing RLJ to the Beaver Commonwealth then More power to them. :D

The does not come with the box and Tchochkes!!!

Once again our "neigbours" to the North are denied access to a all the amazing Tchockies afforded their southen bretheren! Tears shall be shed indead ... where is my Rhett Butler hanky ???

;)
I actually saw the version with the box and Tchochkes on Amazon Canada. However, at *$45 (Vs. $10 for the above DVD!), I can do without those, as it's the disc content that matters to me! For others, your mileage may vary!

* Of course, the exact same "Tchochkes" set can be had at Amazon.com for $17.99, while Amazon Canada customers have to pay up the bloody wazoo if they want it--MASSIVE RIPOFF!!!!

Typical! :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks