What's new

Costco Blu-ray and dvd deals (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
My local store @College Park/Indianapolis has a visitor day for state employees last weekend. Had hoped to find some wanted Criterions, but not a single title could be found. Wife and I did pick up a couple of nice outdoor chairs, though.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
IMG_0793.JPG
A handful of Criterion

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Don't Look Back, For All Mankind and Grey Gardens the only 3 Criterions in my CT Costco

Yep, the exact same three at my store as well.

I believe I said this already, but I am glad that Costco is consistent across all it stores.

It allows us to use this thread to report what is in our local store with the probability it's available in all stores.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
The complete Andy Griffith Show @ Costco for $59.99.

Is this a good price for this particular set? May go back.

Any reviews? It's a box housing 2 "books" - Seasons 1-5 in one book, Season 6-8 in the other. Nice and compact. Should have taken a pic but the sullen, hungry teenager was more interested in the rotisserie chicken and leaving quickly.

Different than the many other AGS complete DVDs? Better? Worse? Says Seasons 2 & 3 include original network bumpers. Why not season 1? (I have Season 1 on BD so I don't care, but still???) The show deserves a complete BD release but since they priced Season 1 BD way, way, way, way, way too high they shot themselves in the foot.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The complete Andy Griffith Show @ Costco for $59.99.

Is this a good price for this particular set? May go back.

Any reviews? It's a box housing 2 "books" - Seasons 1-5 in one book, Season 6-8 in the other. Nice and compact. Should have taken a pic but the sullen, hungry teenager was more interested in the rotisserie chicken and leaving quickly.

Different than the many other AGS complete DVDs? Better? Worse? Says Seasons 2 & 3 include original network bumpers. Why not season 1? (I have Season 1 on BD so I don't care, but still???) The show deserves a complete BD release but since they priced Season 1 BD way, way, way, way, way too high they shot themselves in the foot.

Today at Costco I noticed some Fox bluray Sets for $21.99 - Avatar 3-Disc, Alien Qaudraloigy 6-disc, Die-Hard and John Wayne 7-Disc Set (The Big Trail, The Barbarian & The Geisha, The Horse Soldiers, North to Alaska, The Commancheros, The Longest Day, & The Undefeated.)

All of the John Wayne-John Ford DVD sets (in a repackaging with "The Searchers" DVD but not the Searchers tschokes in a multi pack) for $9.99 had sold out. The Dirty Harry DVD set is also $9.99

No new Criterion BluRays.

There were some older WB DVD sets Bogart & Bacall, Tracy & Hepburn (repackaged) for $11.99

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bryan,

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you so much for joining and sharing what you saw at your local Costco.

All of us depend on this thread for information as to what other members are seeing at their store.

So sad to see Criterion is no longer being carried in bulk at Costco. That was a great deal while it lasted.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Bryan,

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you so much for joining and sharing what you saw at your local Costco.

All of us depend on this thread for information as to what other members are seeing at their store.

So sad to see Criterion is no longer being carried in bulk at Costco. That was a great deal while it lasted.

I Still hold out hope - Once Memorial and Father's day are over the Mighty 4 (WB, FOX, Sony & Disney *) may not have more sets to sell and we'll see some new(er) Crtiterions. Some editions of the 7(?) of each of the four Criterions that seen to come in groups have sold out out including the Hitchcocks (individually and the box set) and RAH's restoration of I(Mx7)W -which might be considered some feat considering if someone wanted a bluray of the un-restored film they could go to the other end of the mall and pick it up at Wal-Mart for $5.00

More recently,, Richard Linklater's "Slacker" and Alex Cox's (original) "Repo Man" sold well also.

The more recent group of documentaries have not done well (the title you missed was "Leon Russell: A Poem is a Naked Person" by Les Blank)

So far my favorite blind buy from Costco for Criterions has been "The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp" by Powell & Pressburger

*Universal seems to be having g a fire sale mentality (Frys Electronics had some blurays on sale two weeks ago for under $5.00 & Restored Spartacus for $7.50. And Dollar Tree had some Universal DVDS eg TSOMLive * they advertised Blurays but there were none at the store I went to) They were represented at Costco with some Individual Hitchcocks and Double Indemnity in a standard bluray case $9.99. And a few more recent items as well as double sets of Horror/Muumy related Blurays with moive cash(?) on each one for the new Huntsman movie

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
A couple of quick updates I went to Costco today and the DVD/Bluray area was quite a jumble.

Man from U.N.C.L.E complete DVD set (no briefcase) is still $44.99
On top of the TOPICS sets they had some BBC Giftsets with 4 Shows in each for $24.99
It looked like the the ST-Original series was $49.99 on bluray, but I can't confirm that as sometimes they use empty bluray cases for DVDs, as they did when they had SW-The Clone Wars

Apparently newer this week were some sets by RLJ for $14.99 on on Elvis Presley and two others on history In addition the has a 'Complete Beetle Bailey 50 cartoons for $14.99 which appears to be the set mentioned below
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Be...Anniversary-Complete-Collectors-Edition/20879
I Almost picked it up but it was Madacy so I decided to pass for now.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Heya Brian!

Thanks for the continued update.

I am going to Costco next Tuesday and I will report back what I see there.

Appreciate all the updates in this thread. Very helpful.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
One of my local Costco locations (Mesa, AZ) had a pretty good Criterion selection today. I picked up The Graduate, The Manchurian Candidate, and In a Lonely Place for $60 plus tax. Woo-hoo!

IMG_1849.JPG IMG_1848.JPG IMG_1847.JPG IMG_1846.JPG IMG_1845.JPG IMG_1844.JPG IMG_1843.JPG IMG_1842.JPG

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
One of my local Costco locations (Mesa, AZ) had a pretty good Criterion selection today. I picked up The Graduate, The Manchurian Candidate, and In a Lonely Place for $60 plus tax. Woo-hoo!

View attachment 31861 View attachment 31862 View attachment 31863 View attachment 31864 View attachment 31865 View attachment 31866 View attachment 31867 View attachment 31868

Also "Roots" (1977) with Deadpool star Leslie Uggams $29.99 on Bluray
Zootopia is 2D Bluray and is $23.99 - $3.00 instant Rebate =$19.99
"33" & "Our Brand is Crisis"are still $13.99 on bluray

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I hope all of them come to my CT Costco, I'm afraid to go look as the video section just keeps getting smaller and smaller

You may need to look to find them. They are usually placed behind one of the Major's offerings. "The Kid" and "The Graduate" are in the Monthly "Connection" so they should be there.are two different SKUs with Four Titles per SKU.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Paid full price for many of those just a few weeks ago. Not all of those were at my Costco. Great deal! At least it's good to see that Criterion is still alive at Costco.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw the eight Criterion titles shown above in Doug's pics at my store today.

Costco is also currently running discounts on some Pixar titles, including recent releases Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur for a final cost of $16.49 (instant rebate of $7.50 off reg. price $23.99). Other Pixar sales included the three Toy Story films, WALL-E, The Incredibles, and (I think) Ratatouille. Don't recall the exact price on the older titles, but I think they ended up around $13.99 as a final price.

They also had a number of the Warner Signature Collections (on DVD) for $11.99 each. I saw collections for Clark Gable, Bogart & Bacall, Cary Grant, and Tracy & Hepburn.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Saw the eight Criterion titles shown above in Doug's pics at my store today.

Costco is also currently running discounts on some Pixar titles, including recent releases Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur for $16.49 (instant rebate of $7.50 off). Other Pixar sales included the three Toy Story films, WALL-E, The Incredibles, and (I think) Ratatouille. Don't recall the exact price on the older titles, but I think they ended up around $13.99 as a final price.

They also had a number of the Warner Signature Collections (on DVD) for $11.99 each. I saw collections for Clark Gable, Bogart & Bacall, Cary Grant, and Tracy & Hepburn.

Costco have Seasons 1-4 of the Animatics cartoons on DVD for $14.99.

As well they have some Warner Digibook blurays for $12.99

Titles at this Price:
The Shawshank Redemption
Se7en
Goodfellas
Full Metal Jacket

For comparison Target has the standard blurays of Shawshank & 7 for $5.00 on sale $2.50 off regular price of $7.50 Goodfellas is available at Wal*Mart (again bluray and case) in the $7.88 bin

Again the Costco ones are the book versions

As mentioned in another thread they have ST II-III & IV in one pack on bluray for $17.99 with a $3.00 instant rebate for $14.99 net. Also a repackaging of the JJ Abrams Compendium for the same deal ($8.00 movie cash on both editions)

The current 4 Bourne movies are available in one set for $27.99 on bluray with Movie Cash for the newest release.

Should you be feeling Looney and want some Toons, The Loney Tunes Golden Collections on DVD are $16.99 each volume.

The Martian Extended Bluray is $19.99

I'm not sure how one extends a Hobbit (and I'm not sure I want to know) but the "Extended" Hobbit Blurays are $17.99

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I've been seeing digibooks but they are $16.99 at my area Costcos.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I've been seeing digibooks but they are $16.99 at my area Costcos.
I'll double check and update if necessary I rechecked and the dgibooks are $12.99. One thing Costco is consistent about is their inconsistency on pricing.

I more than agree that Costco DID have A Star is Born (Garland-Mason) et al. for $16.99. This is a different group of Digibooks.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I saw the digibooks, but don't recall the price. I almost picked up the digi of The Shawshank Redemption, but did not. Later saw the regular blu at Best Buy for only $6.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks